Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Fl
So i was just diagnosed with Fibro. I woke up 8 weeks ago feeling off. Then all the sudden my neck and back muscles ACHED for a few weeks. It got to the point that my whole body was deeply aching. I mean my hands, arms, shoulder, jaw, neck, back, elbows, knees.. You name it, it aches. After 2 different rheumatologist tested me for auto immune diseases and after several scans like a MRI, I was told you have Fibro. Ive been doing a lot of research but my question was

1) have you ever heard of a flare up lasting 8+ weeks (they think a virus set it off)
2) have you ever hurt every day of those weeks literally all over your body. It seems to get better during the day but comes back at night.

Yes and Yes. Unfortunately it has been that way for me for awhile. Hopefully your flare up ends. I can't remember the last time I felt decent. Good Luck.

Yes mine feels like general aches all over and the pressure points are the worst on my lower back, knees, elbows, neck and upper back. it flares up in times of stress and taking on to much at one time. It feels like some kind of virus and because of the discomfort, I get depressed at times and eat a lot of sweets. The sweets make it much worse. Weather changes do not help it and beginning to think Fibro causes a hypersensitivity to the environment. Lately it is all I can do to work part time and do my housework. Feeling like there could be more in life if this syndrome did not exist in my life. So what I do to treat it is pace myself and do not commit to anything outside of work and home activities. Medications include Tramadol for pain and some antidepressants along with Magnesium, calcium, stomach enzymes, vitamin D, Vitamin B and a multivitamin. Drinking a lot of water helps and limiting the intake of soda helps. Hope you find some relief with your symptoms.

Thank you so much for the replies. You hit the nail on the head it feels like I have a virus! I've been telling my husband it literally feels like my muscles are infected they hurt so bad. I pray we all get some relief! I'm on week 9 and ready to feel better. The worse pain right now is my jaw.
I am having serious pain in my jaw and it goes down into my neck. It feels hard to
Swallow when it happens because my muscles are so tight and sore. It's so hard coming to acceptance with this. How
Do you wake up one day with all these pains that don't go away and every morning there are
New symptoms. It's just a little overwhelming

When I first had fibro, and that was many years ago it was just as you say something new every day. It would start with pain in one area such as mouth inflamation and then in a day or so it would be extreme tiredness or terrible headaches, or weird symptoms that were hard to describe that would minic other serious conditions. It was like being on a ferris wheel with no way to get off. I was often told during one of these flares that it was just a virus and to go home and wait it out. The wait could be a few weeks or up to 3 months.

I did my round of doctors but found no relief in any of the symptoms although many doctors tried to help. I just learned the hard way of taking care of myself by learning coping skills and resting until I felt better and could be active again. Some of the symptoms were so much like MS, that I was told that was the reason behind the illness.

You are right in saying that it is overwhelming and I truely wish they had a cure for it just to have a normal life again. :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately yes. When I first got sick I was down about 12 weeks. And it was about 18 months before I didn't have extreme pain every day. All of us are different but in my experience it is not uncommon. Hope this helps

Yes indeed that sounds all too familiar honey. I can't remember a day when I didn't ache or feel pain. Sending you gentle hugs. XXXX

It has been below zero and very cold and my pain from Fibro has been intense and it does seem to get worse at night. The vitamins and pain meds are not helping over the last week. Do any of you think living in a warmer climate might help? Maybe living inside and not getting fresh air is making it worse. I don't know but the last week has been really bad.

I know when I can stay in warm temperatures my body feels better throughout the day. Try doing light exercises to keep your joints lubricated. You can even stand in place, and just march for 15 minutes straight. This is about the equivalency of one mile. This one activity every day will help keep the body more limber, and less likely to hurt as badly. It does seem to help my over all level of aches and pains.

Yes to both. But now that you know you have it, you can research it and try to do things to help lessen the symptoms. What works to help some people doesn't work for others, so you need to figure out what helps you. In my case, doing yoga helps me a lot. It's often hard for me to get motivated to actually do it, but I almost always feel better when I do. I've found things in my diet to avoid - like sugar, citrus and processed foods, and I can't drink alcohol at all anymore. I also have a handful of vitamins and supplements that I take everyday.
I still have days when I hurt all over and feel exhausted after 8 hours of sleep, but those happen less frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back