At What Age Did Your Simptoms Start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was diagnosed back in 2011, but I lived in denial for a while. I did have strange symptoms since I was little, mostly back, thigh, legs, arms and joint pain in general, but I was too young and doctors over here are completely clueless. I was diagnosed in another country, if I hadn't gone to see that doctor... there is a big chance I'd still not know I have fibro. I suspect the symptoms I had when I was a teen were completely linked to fibro.

l3itch,

I'm 33 and was just diagnosed, but I feel my "symptoms" began when I was young as well.

I remember pain in my left side -which turned out to be the Gluteal Tender Point- when I was 16.

BUT, my medical records show I went to the pediatrician's at age 10 for left subscapular pain which I must've done in gymnastics, and is my number 1 complaint to this day. My left 'shoulder' is such a pain in the ass to sleep on, sit back on, etc. but it's not the shoulder per se, and it's not the back, it's the muscle behind the shoulder blade. I thought it hurt because I was in a few fender-benders where the seat belt pulled back and really hurt my left shoulder. I cannot wear the shoulder belt to this day and my son points it out every chance he gets.

I too was told that an injury which happened when I was so young was unlikely responsible or even related to the condition I have now,

Melissa.

Wow, Melissa! I started to have symptoms at around that age as well! I remember getting a really strange pain in my back, there were times I'd wake up in the morning and felt as if someone had removed the skin from my back and had stepped on it with soccer shoes. Leg and thigh pain... for a girl in her early teens is kinda weird, isn't it?

Ah well, I feel some relief after reading this isn't as uncommon as I thought it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back