What do you do when it hurts loved ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotch

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NC
Hey everyone, I was just wondering how you deal with having to cope with your loved ones after to constantly suffer? I live with my mother, I love her very much but recently, I'd say in the past 5 years, my mother's fibromyalgia has become so hindering she can barely move around and she is always in pain, crying and whatnot.

My dad is disabled and has been for a decade due to a back injury and I'm the able bodied person of the household. I was just wondering what kind of things I could really do to show my support. I feel like I've hit a wall lately. :(

What do I do? I try to help them. When I see that it's impossible, I try to support them and stay clam. I really want to punch a wall in order to calm down, but I won't do it, because my loved ones need me.

It can be frustrating but this is what family is all about. You just have to keep your head down and be there for them no matter what.

Hi guys and thanks for being there for your families. Being a husband and dad and having fibro is a challenge in it self, so to read your posts and realize that you get it is huge in and of it self. You all deserve a thank you for doing your best. Just be there for them and they will know how much you love them.

Thanks for all the words of help everyone. Today has been particularly rough and I had to take my mom to the hospital. We just got back.

From the perspective of someone who is suffering from chronic pain... I must say that seeing my loved ones getting affected by my emotions and suffering in general really gets to me. I don't like to see it, it might sound selfish, but it feels like a burden to me to be honest. I mean, I'm already dealing with a lot things and I still have to do thru that? Too hard.

Do your mom a favor and NEVER show her how much her crying and whatnot affects you. Seriously, don't let her see how much it affects you. I had to do the same when we thought my mom had cancer; I saw her worried and suffering... but she NEVER ever saw me cry in front of her or be sad. Whenever i felt like crying I did it alone. When someone is going tru something like this you must show strength... that makes them feel better about the whole situation, because someone has to be the strongest one!

Tell your mom to Try Olive leaf extract or Olive leaf tea! Works wonders :)

Thanks for all the words of help everyone. Today has been particularly rough and I had to take my mom to the hospital. We just got back.

I'm sorry about that. I wish I could help you more but the only thing I can do is pray for you. Good luck and always seek help among your closed ones!

Hey Scotch , really sorry to hear that buddy. I hope she's feeling a bit better now.

Thanks everyone, today has been much better. I prayed a lot last night and I think your prayers reached us too! God bless to you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back