DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
Ca
Was diagnosed in October of 2013.

I was always full of energy and on the go. I was able to jump out of bed as soon as the alarm went off. Now I hate going to bed at night because I know it will be just another battle to get up in the morning. I had always been able to tolerate pain, but this is just way to much. Everything hurts.. hurts to walk, I get short of breath even by mopping the floor, or trying to clean the bathroom. I can't even hold my cell phone for long periods of time as my hands start to hurt. Some days are better than others, but I just want to be normal again.

I hope they find a cure one day.. till then... stay STRONG my fellow Fibro Warriors... :)

I have trouble when I first wake up, so I usually try to move slowly first thing in the morning, and let my body have a chance to stretch out the muscles slowly, before I do any kind of bending or other things that can cause muscles pain, more than normal. I have found that it helps me to take a very hot shower, especially in colder weather, and that warms up my muscles, and seems to ease the pain that is often there when I wake up.
I try to keep the inflammation under some control by being careful in my diet. Anything that has much sugar or sweets seems to really make the inflammation worse. I also am adding more and more of anti-inflammatory foods into my diet. it seems like that it does help a lot, but some days are just worse than others regardless of anything I can do. Still, every little bit helps.

I have trouble when I first wake up, so I usually try to move slowly first thing in the morning, and let my body have a chance to stretch out the muscles slowly, before I do any kind of bending or other things that can cause muscles pain, more than normal. I have found that it helps me to take a very hot shower, especially in colder weather, and that warms up my muscles, and seems to ease the pain that is often there when I wake up.
I try to keep the inflammation under some control by being careful in my diet. Anything that has much sugar or sweets seems to really make the inflammation worse. I also am adding more and more of anti-inflammatory foods into my diet. it seems like that it does help a lot, but some days are just worse than others regardless of anything I can do. Still, every little bit helps.
What type of anti-inflammatory foods do you eat?

Yeah, fibro is the worst! It is possible to reduce the pain and have better mornings, but it takes effort. I avoid all all sugar (even fruit and honey,) starch, alcohol, grain, and dairy. This has helped so much with reducing pain and overcoming arthritis.I I take a ton of supplements too. But what honestly helps me more than any thing else is exercise! As long as I'm getting blood circulating in my muscles on a regular basis, I don't notice the fibro much. I swim, do XBox Fitness at home, and light yoga.

But as far as making mornings better, you need better nights. Fibro can cause you to sleep poorly, as in not deeply and rest fully. Try taking Valerian root and skullcap at night to help you sleep more deeply. Take 3 or 4 of each. They suppress the nervous system, which will help turn off your brain and calm your body. I also use an aromatherapy essential oil diffuser at night and use scents that promote relaxation.

Make sure that you keep up the workout, no matter how much it might seem to hurt. Never give up what you value the most, mate!

I avoid all all sugar (even fruit and honey,) starch, alcohol, grain, and dairy. This has helped so much with reducing pain and overcoming arthritis.

I have a friend who had this kind of diet suggested to her... I'm not sure for which issue... maybe IBS. Anyhow, when I heard the list, my first (and only, truthfully) thought was "wow, that's just about every food there is!" and I started wondering how she was going to manage this huge change.

So anyhow, could you give me a small sampling of what you *do* eat so that I can give her some hope that it's not actually taking all her food away? I know about the meat and fish, etc. but I mean other things as well.

Also, when you say all sugar... do you mean you just stay away from "goodies" that obviously are sugar-laden, or check all ingredient lists for everything you buy to detect what may be small amounts of "hidden" sugar, too?

Mariposa, I avoid all sugar except the little bit in vegetables and lemons. No fruit, no xylotol, no maple syrup... Nothing sugary whatsoever. It isn't hard to do after the first couple weeks, because sugar creates cravings, and once the sugar is gone so are cravings. I'm the same way with starch, because my digestive organs are too weak to process it. So I avoid all potatoes, grains, turnips, and other roots and starchy vegetables.

I'm actually doing this diet because my naturopathic doctor, who is actually healing me, made it for me. He allows food for me based on my blood type, which is type O. But it is tailored specifically based on my body's issues, such as weak digestive organs. Many people with type O blood would be allowed berries and squash, but I can't eat those things.

What I personally am allowed to eat is grass fed beef, lamb, and buffalo; pasture raised chicken and turkey; wild caught salmon, tuna, and haddock; pine nuts, walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, and pepitas; spinach and kale; broccoli, colliflower, asparagus, ginger, green beans, cabbage, avacado, artichoke, and cucumber. I can have most seasoning herbs as long as they are not spicy. I can use olive oil, coconut oil, walnut oil, and sunflower seed oil.

I have to make it very clear that conventional meat is not allowed for many reasons. The animal eats things like grain, which I can't tolerate, and the meat is hardly nutritional because of it. Grass fed beef is very nutrient dense because cow muscles require the nutrients in grass to be healthy. Also, conventional meat usually is tenderized with wheat and corn. There is also the issue of all the added antibiotics and growth hormones. Also, conventional meat is about as acidic as possible on the PH scale, while grass fed meat is closer to the center of the scale, meaning it is far less acidic.

It really isn't hard to do. I'm supposed to eat meat for every meal, and I need to eat every 2 hours as my blood pressure and sugar is too low. I quit my job because I had to focus on healing, so I have the ability to cook everything. But anyone who can't cook all the time can do things like make a large prepared salad with shredded deli meat (I use Applegate turkey) or shredded chicken or tuna, spinach, kale, cucumber, ginger, lots of nuts, and oil and vinegar as a dressing. Take small portions of it at a time. Making your own jerky is easy and very helpful (I use coconut Amino's and raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar and salt far the marinade.) Large crock pot dishes are wonderful for left over too. I'll make lamb curry with coconut milk, roast beef, beef stew, lots of chicken breasts... Meat in large quantities that will last me for a couple days at a time.

Hopefully this helps! But no matter what, I recommend doing whatever it takes to get good sleep. Also, tumeric pills are excellent. I take 9 a day!

I had added turmeric to my daily diet, but not in pill form. It really isn't hard to add it. When you add a little black pepper, it intensifies the benefits of the turmeric. It seems to be helping but I am starting to believe that it is something that takes a while to work.

Fibro is a horrible, horrible disease. When my mother first started displaying symptoms it completely changed her nearly and she was no longer able to do a lot of things she loved. I am sorry for your suffering, OP :(

Maybe you don't feel good anymore because you have reduced glucose in your body?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back