Does anyone have Chronic Tendonitis or RSI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JadeDoo

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
AB
Over the last year I experienced tendonitis and repetitive strain injury in my hands. It seems very usually for my age being mid 20s and I can't see a specific issue that would have triggered it to begin with. I have speculation that it might be related to CFS or Fibro. This is not a symptom I heard many people with CFS or Fibro complain about though so just wondering if anyone else is experiencing it as well. At it's worst I can't even type or mouse for 10 mins before it starts being uncomfortable or hurting.

Yes. I developed DeQuarvains, inflammation of the thumb tendon sheathing, too. This was about 6 months before getting diagnosed with Fibro and CFS. The root problem for me was arthritis in my wrists. They were so inflamed that I couldn't move my hands, resulting in strained tendons. I saw an occupational therapist for a while. Between her therapies, steroids, and exercises and my dieting to reduce inflammation I was able to get my hands back. I can play console games again, but I use Perfect Pushups for any floor exercise because my wrists were too damaged to carry my weight on them.

Hi there! I also suffer from repetitive strain injury in my hands, not sure if this is common among fibro sufferers either to be honest. I believe it might be worse for people with fibro... after all my left hand has gone completely numb for weeks at a time in the past. I thought it was carpal syndrome but the doctor didn't find any kind of evidence that would support that.

My doctor said it's tendonitis and should heal up in 2 weeks or so if I iced and heat it. 1 Year later, it's still an issue for me though not as bad as initially. I spent like $500 bucks to change my workstation to be ergonomic and bought Nuance Naturally Speaking so that you can type some long emails with voice rather than your hand. And like Sidera, I stopped playing games as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back