Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2000
Country
US
State
OH
:evil: Well I guess I'll start by saying hello to all the other FIBRO sufferers!:smile: I have been suffering from this debilitating disease since 2000. I was a nurse had a good life going I had my sweet little girl and I was robbedfrom all of it! my daughter could never understand y her mommy was never feeling well and couldn't do some ofthe things that normal mommy's COULD do, and I didn't expect her to either! It makes me extremely sad and depressed that she suffered to because of this demon!:evil: During all of this I had a Dr. mess up on a simple surgery , I had to have 6 major surgeries to try and correct what this bastard had done, and during all of that madness I ended up getting RSD(reflex sympathetic dystrophy) the worst nerve pain that anyone could possibly have, and it was rare to boot! Well.. in the end I had to have my leg amputated(2005), I was very lucky that I had finely found a Dr. that would help me because he saved my life.So now not only do I suffer from FIBRO but RSD as well! :cry: Needless to say my quality of life is horrible each and every way! I am resentful, pist off and severely depressed. I find myself all of the asking y me.. y me!? I had everything going for me and my precious daughter too care for but her mommy was useless! There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about it, my daughter was robbed of a mother and Iwas robbed from enjoying my life period! so in closing I just want to finely say "hey I know how u feel and really know"!:neutral:

Amy, I sincerely feel so sorry to hear you went thru all that and still are suffering because a useless doctor screw up so badly! I truly hope you could sue that poor excuse of a doctor? I truly hope it was possible to do so, I know that the damage he did can never be reversed, but by suing you make sure something like this never happens to anyone else and the bastard gets what he deserves! I completely understand you feel so resentful, who wouldn't? Jesus... I truly hope you find your way around this, please stay strong! You are a very brave person!

Amy,
Welcome to the forum. My heart goes out to you and I feel sad as well that your little one was unable to have much fun and quality time with her mom all because of a dumb doctor who caused you needless pain and suffering. I will most certainly keep you in my prayers. When one goes through such pain and loss it is hard to find enjoyment in life. And I know that you said that you resent and are very angry at that doctor as you should be, but I worry that all is anger may effect your daughter in other ways, emotionally and that she might not know how to cope with your anger over the long haul.

I say this with the deepest desire to help and not hurt you, but have you considered talking with a therapist that might help you work through these hateful feelings and help you focus a bit more on the positive and less on the negative, for yourself, as well as, your daughter. I of course did not have your same experience, but I was very angry and depressed, and resentful at a time in my life when fibro hit me and took away things most important in my life and left me homeless and alone. I found a therapist by way of the internet and started seeing her and was able to turn my life around.

I also saw a person in pain management and had physical therapy done on my legs and bio-feedback, and massages which helped me ease the pain somewhat and this too improved my thought patterns. I wish the best for you. :)

Please post more around the forum in any section, as well as, ask questions and we will try to be supportive and give ideas and hints, that may help you. :)

I am so sorry, Amy, for all your pain and loss. You sound like a survivor though and as you continue to find help, will be able to find a new way to live, a new, perspective; after all, you still have your precious daughter. I once nearly lost my eldest daughter to cancer when she was 2 years old, it brought everything into pinpoint focus as to what was important!
My prayers go out for you Amy and your daughter.

One of the toughest questions to answer is, "why me?" However, you have to ask yourself "why not me?". You've survived and are still there for your child. At some point in her life, she will begin to understand and be thankful you are still alive. I don't mean to be rude but can you see someone for how you're feeling? While it's understandable considering all you have been through, it doesn't do your daughter any good being resentful.

I'm not a religious person but I've always believed that the people who are given battles are the ones strong enough to handle it. You have a beautiful daughter to be thankful for. Even if there is no way for you to see a therapist, please come talk to us. We might not be doctors or have the best solutions but we can listen.

Amy, I am so sorry for all the pain and suffering you went through. You are here for your daughter now, I know how hard it is to have a child when your sick. My niece found out she was pregnant at the same time she found a lump on her breast. She had to go through cemo while she was carrying. They put her on a very low dose because of the baby. They had there whole lives ahead of them, she was a teacher and he went for years at university, finally he got his PHD and now they could start a family. They were so excited for this baby, and now breast cancer. The baby was born perfectly healthy, but my niece wasn't doing well at all. She only had years to live, we lost her at the age of 32. Why is life sooo hard for some people, Its just not fair! Amy please try not to get down on yourself. These diseases are evil and we just have to keep fighting. Stay strong and don't give up, I know your going through alot but try not to let it consume you. Everytime a bad thought comes in your head push it out and replace it with a happy one. Don't let that evil disease bring you down. Don't let it take your happiness away from you, It has already taken to much. You may not be able to do alot of things but your there to share some happy moments with your daughter. We are here for you Amy if you need to talk. We are excellent listeners.

WOW.....I DID NOT EXPECT ALL OF EVERYBODY'S KIND AND CARING WORDS! I'm not much of a cryer but all of u made me cry in a good way!:wink: Thank you again! I will be back on later to respond to everyone's kind words. This is my first time ever being in a support group, but I think that it just might be what I need and have needed for some time!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back