Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
ThankYou for having this website. I am new here and was asked to post how fibro affects my day. Well first let me say I have been sick for approx. 10 years and have not been officially diagnosed but through my own investigation I have diagnosed myself mainly because I don't know what else to call it-Here is a list of my top 12 symptoms as you don't have room for them all:

Brain fog
paresthesia and "skin crawling" feeling
sharp pains
weakness
insomnia
stomach issues-IBS
nausea
ears ringing
dull all over pain
clumsy
unsteady
eye trouble

So right now, I am trying to wake up. When I get up in the morning I feel like I haven't slept at all and my muscles/joints are stiff--my head is muddled and I feel a bit nauseous. So after some coffee and sitting for a few hours I am ready to start my day. I take a few pills (which I hate)--but they help me get through the day. Some days are better than others. I do whatever I can to keep busy and ignore the skin crawling feeling on my back which drives me nuts. I am constantly trying to find answers as I am tired of living like this. I walk my dog. Yesterday I went and had a B12 shot hoping that will help. I will get one every week for several weeks. Nausea is worse than pain IMO so I am so glad I don't have nausea every day. As the day goes on I feel better, then late at night my pain and paresthesias get worse. Ive learned to stay up late otherwise I know I toss and turn..so I am up until weee hours of the morn. I barely remember what it was like before getting sick. Doctors have never considered giving me a diagnosis. My primary care doc sent me to pain management, I guess she figures Im just another crazy women. She tried to send me to psych but I refused to go. Sorry its not all in my head. So I bounce back and forth between rheumatology and pain management. These paresthesias I have (mostly on my back) only started about a year ago. It feels like every day I wake up with a new sysmptom:(

You sound like you have Fibromyalgia. Do you work? and if so are you taking alot of time of for illness?

Ugh, I feel you! Can you believe just yesterday some ignorant and stupid female doctor blamed my intense neck and head pain on stress?! Stress!? Really!? The only thing that stresses me is them for being so stupid and ignorant, not doing what they are supposed to do! So sorry to hear you were sent to see psychologist, time and experience have taught me than when a doctor suggest x pain or x set of symptoms is caused by tension or stress... they have NO idea what the heck is wrong or they just want an easy way out because they just don't care. Sounds tough, but it is how it is :(

Best of luck with everything and welcome to the forum :)

:( I hope you find a doc that can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back