Tips for keeping a positive outlook on this disease...

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexisfinch24

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2009
Country
US
State
GA
Well, we all know that maintaining a positive outlook on our lives with Fibro can make a huge difference in our overall quality of life. But, we also know sometimes that is easier said than done. Between the pain, soreness, depression, doctors visits, and medication regiment some days it takes all our strength to just endure. How can we stay positive with all we deal with? Well, for starters stop beating ourselves up and, take it one step at a time. Come on everyone. Lets fill this thread up with advice to stay positiveand, maybe someone who is close to giving up will find the courage to fight on.

Well, we all know that maintaining a positive outlook on our lives with Fibro can make a huge difference in our overall quality of life. But, we also know sometimes that is easier said than done. Between the pain, soreness, depression, doctors visits, and medication regiment some days it takes all our strength to just endure. How can we stay positive with all we deal with? Well, for starters stop beating ourselves up and, take it one step at a time. Come on everyone. Lets fill this thread up with advice to stay positiveand, maybe someone who is close to giving up will find the courage to fight on.
Funny movies, and good spirited sarcasm. Plus I work full time at a hospital and see people way worse off than I am on a daily basis. It helps to keep things in perspective.

ASMR. No seriously! Something that made me feel worried and anxious happened today, this evening I was so stressed and worried, but right now I feel super calm! I'm listening to an ASMR video and wow... they do make you feel relaxed and chill, better than taking meds to treat anxiety! Or sleeping pills! I will definitely listen this and other ASMR videos tonight... Those sure help to make me feel better!

Ow I should also mention that gratitude is the key to a more positive outlook, as well as the main key for forgiveness.

Take time for yourself. Try not to let the daily hassles in life lord over you. Take walks outdoors or sit in a window and enjoy the view. Try learning a hobby like painting or photography. Make scrapbooks of the family or places you have been. Watch funny movies or love stories that have positive viewpoints. Take bubble baths or nice long showers. Read books and once in a while eat your favorite treats.

Be kind to yourself and smile. Visit with friends who are supportive, yet talk about other things instead of your health. Seek out a counselor or professional therapist, if your feeling depressed or over filled with anxiety. Come here and share knowing we understand and offer cyber hugs and friendship. There is no need to feel alone or suffer in silence.

Be brave and be happy. :)

Having other friends with fibro and other similar issues has made everything so much better. Even when things are rough, we have each other. The people I talk to about my problems truly understand, because they have the same ones. They don't put pressure on me to do things I can't do, and can't really go out doing tons of stuff I can't do either, so I don't feel alone or sad about it.
I run blogs, go on forums, and basically talk to all kinds of people about disability. I've been through a lot of hard times, but the hope that I can help others with the knowledge I've gained keeps me going. I know that it's a part of life in the world we live in, and that there are people who feel totally alone in their pain, and I just hope that keeping going, if I could help at least one person like that even a little bit, it will be worth it.

Really, community keeps me more positive than anything.

These are all very good examples of the topic of this thread. Your responses are the type I was hoping for. This thread and this entire forum are another excellent way of staying positive. It allows us all to connect with hundreds of people just like us and, share our lives with. Getting advice from wach other and suggestions on how best to cope with this disease we share. That in turn allows us to be more positive about how are life is at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back