Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Wyoming
Hi I'm a mom. I'm 28 and 3 months ago I was told I have fibro. I had surgery that kick
It in to full force and I feel like I'm losing my life. I loved hiking and camping. I even have an
Old jeep I was restoring. But the pain and fatigue have got me on the couch most the time.
I'm on lyrica and cymbalta. They help some but if I try to get back to my life I have flaires.
Does anyone else feel like this? It scares me to think of how much I have lost in such a short time. How do you balance fibro and life? Sorry for wining so much. Just hoping to get thru this and find a way to keep it manageable.
Thanks jodi

Oh yes, keeping all those plates spinning in the air is now impossible. Have you done any reading up on diet to help eliminate inflammation, and this forum that can help with coping ideas, etc. ? I read many books on the subject as that is how I best work things out in my mind. There are as many ways to cope as there are people who have this, but you'll find what works for you eventually. Rest, eat really well, don't worry about what you can't do, focus instead on what you can do. (Am I sounding too much like Mom? Sounds like what I tell my adult children!) But it's true! I've had to seriously alter my life- but I'm older and have 2 chronic pain issues as well. Hope this helps, I was preaching to myself as well! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back