Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
PT
State
Lisboa
I've heard that some people join Fybromialgia support groups, is that your case? I think it's good to speak about our condition, how it affect us, get empathy from people with the same problems, so in theory this might be a good thing right?

It definitely is, but sadly there aren't many fibro support groups out there, at least not in every city or town, and this is why this kind of forums are so useful. But I really thing a chat option would be really cool, after all the only thing that might not appeal others about online support groups is the fact you cant interact with other members and get replies asap. I really think a chatting option would be the way to go for this online support group.

I am new to this forum and I think I just posted to you using the wrong icon. I said maybe it would be a good idea to start a Facebook Fibro page, it would be a way of communicating on many different levels. There may already be one out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tried to find one in the Springfield,Il area but so far no luck. What I do find amusing is that they have a caffeine and sugar busters support group. I wish that was all I had to worry about.

I am new to this forum and I think I just posted to you using the wrong icon. I said maybe it would be a good idea to start a Facebook Fibro page, it would be a way of communicating on many different levels. There may already be one out there.

Yeah! That would be awesome! I think it would be an excellent way to share a lot info and tip on how to live and cope with every aspect of this illness. I think that kind of thing would be super positive, I mean ,think about it! Motivational things could be posted there, as well as useful articles and videos. Wonderful idea!

Yes, some people do join support groups, and they can find that simply talking to people who are in the same situation as them can make them feel a heck of a lot better about everything that they are going through at the time. You're here now, and this is one of the best support groups that I am a member of, without a shadow of a doubt. I know that I wouldn't be able to get through my family member having this condition if I could not come on here and get advice from people who been in the same position, and perhaps are even further along their own personal journey. You will also find that you can get treatment tips in a way that health professionals might not be able to give to you, because they don't have the personal experience of the condition like people in support groups do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back