Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
I have already applied for SSD and found out today after having an X-ray that I have arthritis in my spine as well as bone spurs and a pinched nerve. I was put on several medications to help treat these problems. My question is should I call SSD and let them know?

Usually they will be sending you lots of papers to fill out and if soon it will give you a chance to update your condition. Most doctor records are now on the computer and will be in your health record. I know that I was sent these same papers and booklets to fill out once a month, so that might be a way to let them know then by supplying them with the doctors name and diagnosis. If you want to call them often the info gets lost unless it is written down. So writing a letter and keeping a copy might also be a better option. :)

1sweed is right, you should write the info and keep your x-rays nearby. I don't know about you guys there, but over here we get to keep most, if not all of our tests. Just do that, no point in calling them, as 1sweed said the info can easily get lost that way, those folks are highly bureaucratic.

Do you actually get SSD for just those few conditions that you have? I have been trying for 13 years to get SSD with so many conditions and I still keep being denied! The system is unfair and sucks for those of us that really need the help. I'm glad that you are receiving it, but it can take years and lots of stress before you can even get a hearing. The system is so messed up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back