Tense neck muscles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah I get the same thing! The pain for me starts in my right eye, down my face, neck, and shoulder and its only on the right side, constantly. Massage makes it worse, the other thing that really helps is a hot shower before bed, or icing the absolute hell out of it. I was finally diagnosed with fibro, and it just honestly feels good to have an answer for all of that, and debilitating migraines, IBS..it just finally makes sense. I have a friend who has said CBD hemp oil really helped her, it's bought online (legal) but I"m still torn on whether to try it or not.

Hi there! Soooooooooooo sorry you suffer from the exact same thing... it's awful and no one should ever suffer from this. I have noticed my pain is worse when it's raining and very cold! My head starts hurting me, the face, then neck... shoulder down the back a bit. Warm water helps, but the results won't last. I tried a oil named ''Tei Fu'' by Nature's Sunshine and it does numb the pain well!

I usually get really tense neck and shoulder muscles. It hurts so bad, I understand your pain. I don't use conventional methods to treat my pain, pain meds do nothing for me so I stopped taking them. One doctor tried to give me a months worth of Vicodin, but I refused. When I am in bad pain, I take a hot tea bag and place in on my neck, then after it cools, I massage my neck and stretch. By the next day, I am usually okay. I hear you can buy rocks that you can heat up and put on your body, I may purchase those.

Omg, awesome tip! I will definitely try it next time! I think my pain is caused in part by the weather and also by stress and bad posture, it's a mix of all those things, but today I feel good... until I start doing things I shouldn't, like wrong posture and so on. I will definitely try that, thanks a lot :)

I've been suffering from a neck ache for the past 2 weeks. I got into a motorcycle accident and I've been slowly healing up. For me the most important thing is time. Give your body the time it needs to heal itself naturally. I do take long hot showers that increase blood flow to that area. I've been eating a lot so my body can get the raw materials it needs to repair itself. Casual and non forceful stretching does help the recouperation process.

I have tense neck muscles pretty much constantly. I try everything: heat, ice, massage therapy. I have various anti-inflammatory medications and I've also tried some pretty industrial strength muscle relaxants (prescribed by my MD of course). But when the muscles in my neck are locked up, seems like nothing can break them down. They get knotted up and you can feel them running up the sides of my neck like cords of wood. It gives me frequent tension headaches and also makes sleeping uncomfortable many nights.

Anyone have any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back