Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2010
Country
US
State
Missouri
This is my 6th year living in constant pain. It gets harder every day for me, I feel my fibro getting worse.. and I'm not sure how to handle it anymore.
I've tried many different medications with no luck and so many alternatives and nothing helps. Being in chronic pain has changed me and I don't like who I've become.
I have been thinking about dying a lot lately..
Having flares that seem to never end and the stress that makes them worse..anxiety ridden and feeling like I am going crazy..confusion of real life, can't clear away the fog..
I'm so tired of feeling worthless and pathetic all the time.
This depression has sunk me so low and I don't know if I can ever see the light again.

Keep fighting, don't give up. You have support here. If you need to vent, we are here for you. Do you have a good doctor? Maybe there is a new medication you haven't tried. Please stay strong!

I'm so sorry to read about how you are feeling - this is quite typical of how bad fibro can be for some people. Have you asked your doctor to review your medication, or your dosage? It's a good place to start.

The other suggestion I would make to you is to try and move around a little, and take short walks outside if you can. I know this is hard when you are in such pain, but I've found that short walks, tai chi and generally trying to move (albeit gently) is a powerful form of relief from the pain, and helps me to manage it a little better.

What also helps me is careful attention to my diet. I avoid sugar and all processed foods completely - these foods contribute to huge flare ups, and will make your inflammation much worse. Green tea and Kombucha have both helped me enormously, as well as raw apple cider vinegar and raw honey taken in a cup of warm water. Get plenty of fresh vegetables and fruit too, and keep red meat to a minimum but don't cut it out either.

I hope something in this post might help you a little. But if you only choose one, choose exercise. The movement will help you to counteract the fog and fatigue, and will give more mental clarity and focus.

Take care, and I hope you feel a little better soon.

Keep fighting, don't give up. You have support here. If you need to vent, we are here for you. Do you have a good doctor? Maybe there is a new medication you haven't tried. Please stay strong!

Thank you so much..Its just been so bad, you know? I have really bad insurance that only one doctors office takes and the doctors there don't seem to really care about my pain. I've just been such a mess. I need help. :(

I'm so sorry to read about how you are feeling - this is quite typical of how bad fibro can be for some people. Have you asked your doctor to review your medication, or your dosage? It's a good place to start.

The other suggestion I would make to you is to try and move around a little, and take short walks outside if you can. I know this is hard when you are in such pain, but I've found that short walks, tai chi and generally trying to move (albeit gently) is a powerful form of relief from the pain, and helps me to manage it a little better.

What also helps me is careful attention to my diet. I avoid sugar and all processed foods completely - these foods contribute to huge flare ups, and will make your inflammation much worse. Green tea and Kombucha have both helped me enormously, as well as raw apple cider vinegar and raw honey taken in a cup of warm water. Get plenty of fresh vegetables and fruit too, and keep red meat to a minimum but don't cut it out either.

I hope something in this post might help you a little. But if you only choose one, choose exercise. The movement will help you to counteract the fog and fatigue, and will give more mental clarity and focus.

Take care, and I hope you feel a little better soon.

Thank you. The only doctor that takes my insurance is not helpful.. I try walks and eating healthy and it doesn't change the intense pain sadly..
I will keep trying until I can't take it anymore.

Hi! Are you on any medication at all? anti-depressants? anxiety meds? Because they would help. Are you getting enough sleep?
You need a good doctor to help you manage this illness. Obviously you know that but maybe see a neuropath. Don't give up. Find a professional who can help you and guide you! Good luck!

You must keep always positive. Always think in disease, will attract more disease. I recommend a video that I found in "Youtube" his name is the "The Secret Law Of Attraction" Look for it, it is very good and perhaps help you to always think positive.

I feel like my brother is losing his mind. He's been delirious ever since he's gotten diagnosed. I feel really sorry for him!

This is my 6th year living in constant pain. It gets harder every day for me, I feel my fibro getting worse.. and I'm not sure how to handle it anymore.
I've tried many different medications with no luck and so many alternatives and nothing helps. Being in chronic pain has changed me and I don't like who I've become.
I have been thinking about dying a lot lately..
Having flares that seem to never end and the stress that makes them worse..anxiety ridden and feeling like I am going crazy..confusion of real life, can't clear away the fog..
I'm so tired of feeling worthless and pathetic all the time.
This depression has sunk me so low and I don't know if I can ever see the light again.

I've been there, I know how bad depression can be! Don't let it that defeat you, depression can be fought, maybe you should consider taking antidepressant. Try to discuss this with your doctor, but make sure isn't amitryptiline, or you will end up gaining a lot weight! I know because I took that medication for a while, I felt good, not depressed at all, but I gained a lot weight, so be careful if you decide to take antidepressants.

But seriously, I really think you need to ask your doctor about it, there are some really nice antidepressant that will sort you out :)

I have been going through the same thing, Having chronic pain every day is very hard on a person. You are not alone. Hang in there, Try to be strong it will pass and you will have a few good days. I always get scared when I have a really bad flare. But it passes and I start to feel better. People just don't understand what we go through every day. I don't even think doctors understand us. If you need to talk come on here, this has helped me alot.

I can't even imagine what chronic pain would be like and I wish to think that there is some alternative therapy that can help with the pain. Like you say Lana, I think talking can help, so we are all here for each others.

Have you tried the guaifenasin treatment? When I have been at my worst, this is what helped me immensely.
Sometimes I worry that my partner might leave me if I become too depressed with the chronic pain.
But if I don't dwell on the pain, it seems to help a lot with my mood and my pain tolerance.
Get out of the house and enjoy a day of doing things you really like to do. See if it relieves your pain and depression any.
Try taking quaifenasin regularly for a few weeks and see if it helps. It works wonders for me.
Make sure you are getting vitamins, as vitamin depletion can cause very severe pain.

Sometimes I get depressed but it is a normal thing for us fibro people. How can you not get depressed when your living with pain every day. Watching people around you carry on a normal life, when you seem to be living in hell. I really look forward to the times that the pain isn't so bad. One day and I hope I see, there will be a cure! Tell then we just have to keep positive and try to get those negative thoughts out of our heads. Try doing things you enjoy like planting pretty Flowers on those days that your pain isn't so bad. I love sitting on the beach on a beautiful summer day with my husband, sometimes we pack a lunch. Another thing that I enjoy is crafts I feel like I have created something pretty and accomplished a task for the day. The worse thing is to sit around feeling sorry for myself, when that happens I try to get up a little and do something even if its just getting out of the house and sitting in my back yard. Try to keep your brain from going in a depression.

And WHY aren't there more support groups!? I looked in my entire HUGE metropolitan area there is ONE support group the second Tuesday of the month and Im not even sure if its still active. I think I will try and start one! Hang in there ames1993! I know how your feel! You need a pick me up! New doctor...new medicine...heck go to the ER if you have to. Im sorry you don't have insurance but nobody should suffer like that! Go to the ER and tell them you need help, you are thinking about death (and I know what that means)...it sounds like you need help. Do you have a husband or child or someone who can help you? Maybe even a few shots of steroid could make you feel much better! I'm so sorry you feel that bad and I hope you find some relief soon!

Well, I've joined today so forgive me if im not responding correctly. I think losing your mind is one of the symptoms, as mine is here there and everywhere. Sometimes I remember and sometimes I don't.
I think what we all need to do is a survey. I'd like to start by asking everyone to see if there is a possible link between certain vaccinations and this disease. Since the doctors won't admit it, I'm starting to research this all.

i.e. University of Paris found in 2010 that by doing open muscle biopsy of the vaccinated muscle, there was aluminum hydroxide adjuvant from the vaccine remaining in the tissue causing a steady immune reaction.

Im on antidepressants muscle relaxants and tylenol 3s... and still feel pain! Will ask my doctor about this biopsy stuff as I've had a lot of vaccines in my lifetime and was very healthy up until recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back