Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2012
Country
US
State
WA
Has anyone else been diagnosed with Cholinergic Urticaria (hives)? I have it triggered by sudden, drastic changes in skin temperature. If I am doing something physical and I have jeans on and it is cold outside I will break out terribly along the tops of my thighs. This started about 16 years ago and is very consistent.

I'm newly diagnosed with Fibro and it's startling how many conditions I've had for a long time that I think are actually connected to the Fibro issue.

I found this information online: "Neurological factors: An Italian study[22] reported an association between CU and fibromyalgia. The authors proposed that CU is a consequence of fibromyalgia-neurogenic skin inflammation."

This link is allowed as it is a gov website. :)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Chronic urticaria and hereditary angioedema can be caused by neurogeneic reasons but for cholinergic Urticaria the cause is simple. a high consumption of sodium is the reason.

Has anyone else been diagnosed with Cholinergic Urticaria (hives)? I have it triggered by sudden, drastic changes in skin temperature. If I am doing something physical and I have jeans on and it is cold outside I will break out terribly along the tops of my thighs. This started about 16 years ago and is very consistent.

I'm newly diagnosed with Fibro and it's startling how many conditions I've had for a long time that I think are actually connected to the Fibro issue.

I found this information online: "Neurological factors: An Italian study[22] reported an association between CU and fibromyalgia. The authors proposed that CU is a consequence of fibromyalgia-neurogenic skin inflammation."

at this link: CHRONIC URTICARIA

Yes! I get red spots that itch wherever I have pressure, such as from my purse strap or around my waist. Scratching produces welts that go down in a short amount of time. I use Olux foam prescribed previously for frequent rashes. I don't know if the hives are from the Fibro or from a medicine I'm taking for the Fibromyalgia.

Where are you getting your information about cholinergic urticaria?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back