Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2008
Country
US
State
TX
Hello New Friends. I am new to this forum. I am living with FM and CFS. I was diagnosed in 2008, but actually started having the beginning symptoms during the latter part of my pregnancy in 1998. I noticed that I could not tolerate certain people. I was angry and upset for no reason. My son was born a month early because of preeclamsia. His birth was very traumatic. Shortly after, I began having severe panic attacks, postpartum depression and severe fatigue. I was tested for everything with no positives. A couple of years after, I began to have pain in my upper thighs and buttocks. I thought it was due to the fact that I did a lot of driving for work. I would have to pull over and walk for a little bit several times during a trip. OTCs did not work for the pain. I kept going back to my doctor with new symptoms. I was taking an antidepressant for the postpartum depression, but still had panic attacks and I felt like I was going crazy. I was going from being a vibrant, healthy, energetic and active young woman, to a bed bound pain-riddled cripple in a fetal position. I was scared. My entire family was scared that it would turn out to be MS, Lupus, RA, Huntington's Disease or even cancer. I finally wrote down all of the symptoms that I had experienced over the previous year and presented the list to my Doctor. I was in tears. I told her that I needed to find out what was going on or I was going to go crazy. She looked at the list and said that seeing all of the symptoms written down on one piece of paper was extremely helpful. She told me that I have FIBROMYALGIA. I didn't know what it was but I was thankful to have a diagnosis. Just knowing what it was helped tremendously. I wasn't going crazy. Then my research began. It has been a difficult journey so far, but finding others who can relate has helped so much. Fibromyalgia is not who I am. It is what I am experiencing! It has not and will not beat me.

Sorry to hear what you have been going through , but you have a good positive outlook and that is the best thing you can do for yourself. I know it is hard to be positive when your in pain. Hope you have better days ahead. gentle hugs!

Hello there and welcome to the forum. It always makes me sad to hear about the struggles of our members and how hard it is to face the symptoms of fibro. My heart goes out to you in dealing with your pain issues, as well as, that chronic fatigue that keeps one from doing things they enjoy. I hope that by coming here and talking with others who share and feel your pain that it might lift your spirits and gladden your thoughts away from depression.

We try hard to be supportive and offer our coping skills that might help someone else. Be sure to read back in the sections and topic's that deal with your symptoms, like chronic pain and fatigue, alternative methods and in the general question section. The back posts are filled with hints and ideas, as well as the newer posts. Take a look at the off topic section as well, and read the blogs or create one of your own.

Ask any question that comes to mind and post your thoughts and opinions, in any other members posts. I am glad you found us and I hope this site can be a source of joy and comfort to you. :)

Thank you for your support and words. I am glad to have found this site. I look forward to checking things out and making friends. It helps me a great deal to be in contact with people who understand what it is that I am going through. They call high blood pressure the "silent Killer". but I am here to say that FMS, CFS and other health syndromes that you can't always see are as well. The people around us don't always understand what is going with us. We look fine much of the time. Knowing that I am not alone helps a lot. Thanks for allowing me to join. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back