Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2009
Country
US
State
Pa
Hello, I just joined this group for the simple fact of being understood. I am in my 30's and have been disabled with fibro & cfs for 5.5 years. I had adverse reactions to fibro meds which led to a movement disorder, as well. I recently have been irritating my teen and husband because I repeat myself multiple times, get caught up in conversations forgetting what I'm saying mid sentence, as well as the typical fibro ailments. Today I feel defeated. It's hard to imagine this is my life. I will always be dependent financially on my husband and disability. This is hard to swallow for me. Every one that knows me says how perky and positive I am. I put on such a good front because I know my illness has impacted my family and I refuse to be a burden on them anymore than necessary. Sorry for being a Debbie-downer. I joined this forum today as a platform of honesty. To say hello world, my name is Roxy and wish I didn't have fibromyalgia. I know it's never going away but maybe with your support, I will learn to manage my fibro better. Thank you for listening!

Hello Roxy, my heart goes out to you. I can't say one thing is harder to deal with than another but there are things that can help, and especially on low days I try to focus on things I CAN do.

I had a hard time convincing my family so I printed out a couple pages and circled the things that applied to me specifically. They could read it for themselves. It helped all but one. I'm not responsible for what they accept or won't.

I'm real sorry you are having a low time. Yes, it is very hard to come to terms with this stuff! Most ppl have come from very active lifestyles also-that comes, in many ways, to a screeching halt.

There is life after diagnosis! Have you been taking care of yourself? Finding those little things that help like warm baths or heating pads for pain, get you vitamin D levels checked if you haven't done that yet-a simple blood test. Pacing your activity is so important. Things like Stoppain or Max freeze for any areas of pain. Drink lots of water. Chiropractic, massage, or (real) Chinese acupuncture are some things that may help. Diet is so important. It is so hard for me to do this 'cuz I often don't feel good enough to take that extra step but I've been working on it.

Hope something in here helps. Hang on dear fellow FMer! God bless.

Last edited:
Hello Ruralchick! Thanks for the helpful tips. It's amazing what a good night sleep will do. Today is a new day and I try to focus on each day as a new beginning. I have not been taking care of myself recently. I usually keep a firm routine and have been out of it since thanksgiving. This has probably taken a toll on me since my symptoms are much worse than before. With schedules getting back to normal this week, it's time to focused on my health. I appreciate your kind and helpful words. Good luck and God Bless!

Hi roxy, welcome to the mad house.hehe its a never ending battle isn't it.you can only take one day at a time.what else can u do.i find a routin really helps to.and some days we'll be worse then others.no need to be brave in here that's what it's here for.let it all out u will be surprised just how many are going through the same. As for repeating yourself I went through a very bad few months for stopping half way through what I was saying.and not being able to get the words out I wanted. Family members would try guessing what I wanted to say and I no how mad it made me.
It passed but if I get very tired or run down off it goes again. Chin up poppit xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back