Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2002
Country
US
State
MN
I have been sitting here for about 30 minutes trying to figure how to start my post and not to make it a novel :). I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia by a rheumatologist in 2004. This condition as most of you know is hard to live with. However, I am a person who says " I will control my fibro, it will not control me" I was doing pretty good at that until last September 2014. I woke up one morning and could not move my right arm. A trip to the doctor and a MRI later I found myself having shoulder surgery due to calcium deposits built up in my shoulder which caused a rotor cuff tear. After 5 months the top of my shoulder is still numb from the surgery. I have had three doctors, including the surgeon, tell me this is not normal for shoulder surgery. And almost imply, it's not really numb. Now my general doctor says the nerves in my skin my be causing the feeling of the numbness. She says this seems to be common among people who have fibro stating that skin nerves can be so sensitive in fibro patients. So I am wondering if any of you have heard this or have experienced this?
Thank you in advance for your input.

please see my post what is fibromyalgia. explains about the nerves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back