Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2015
Country
US
State
FL
Hi my name is Katie and I'm new here. I'm 21 and got re-ended when I was 18 and since then I've had pain. It started getting really bad a year ago and I was diagnosed with FM about 2 months ago. I take Lyrica and Butalb. I can tell Lyrica helps me sleep but nothing ever takes my pain away completely. I used to work as a dental assistant but I was let go bc of how distracted I was from all my pain. I live with my parents still and have had a few out burst bc of anxiety or depression. I've gone through faises where I cry everyday and usually twice a day and I would just want to lay in bed all day and not hang out with my friends. I've been getting better at coping with all of this but I'm still trying to figure out what I can do without causing myself more pain.

Welcome Katie,
There are many little things to help yourself that can add up to more relief: get a good sleep schedule, have your vitamin D checked with a simple blood test as low D can cause more pain, use a heating pad or hot showers/baths even with a nice essential oil, (I like lavender) to help you relax. a foam pad on your mattress may help if you feel your mattress is too hard now, magnesium is also a good mineral to help muscles relax, some light exercise can help and drink lots of water to help flush out toxins. These are just a few. there is also a post on keeping a journal to track your activities, meds, ect. to help you see if there is a pattern with what you do, also it could help you to share it with the Dr. Well worth the time to read it. Many helps are also on this site and others, you'll need to do your own research.
Take care and let us know how you're doing.

Thank you for the advice. I take a multi vitamin and B-12 everyday so I will definitely check out the magnesium and vitamin D. I'll keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back