Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
US
State
GA
With the new CLIA certified and CAP accredited test recognized through the FDA, who also recognizes Fibromyalgia as a dysregulation of the immune system, why is the government still classifying this disease, and not syndrome, as a Rheumatic Condition? It makes absolutely no sense, and it tells me they just don't know. They have a diagnostic test that is capable of identifying biomarkers in the blood, ones responsible for the immune response, but you still have it classified as a Rheumatic Disorder?!?! Very aggravating...Just like anyone else I want answers, I want a cure, and to feel better...Can anyone else engage in this conversation?

I'm not sure, but back when I was diagnosed, it was hysterical attention seeking women's disorder. Even if it's under a wrong category, it's nice for me to see it HAS a category. I was a nurse for a long time and when it came to codes, etc, just about everything was a mess. It looks like it still is...

I'm not sure, but back when I was diagnosed, it was hysterical attention seeking women's disorder. Even if it's under a wrong category, it's nice for me to see it HAS a category. I was a nurse for a long time and when it came to codes, etc, just about everything was a mess. It looks like it still is...

It has an ICD-9 code, if you're referring to a diagnosed code...I am also glad to see that they're getting somewhere with the research and that it's actually being considered, well by some (and doctors at that), as a disease and not a syndrome. Not only that, but as an immune system dysregulation and not some psychological made up beliefs that we (people affected with this dz) have came up with to pull the wool over someone else's eyes. That much I am very thankful for...I would just like more definitive answers, as I have felt in the past I knew more than the people who were seeing me. I have been told by more than one doctor in the past that it's "all in the head". Well, if that be the case, I wish you (the doctors) could feel the pain I experience on a daily basis, and then tell me, "It's in your head."...After a 100 years, if I'm accurate in the length of time, maybe they will be able to move forward and fine the cause, since they now have a definitive diagnostic test that's 93% accurate...Thanks for answering back, Debbie!

It has an ICD-9 code, if you're referring to a diagnosed code...I am also glad to see that they're getting somewhere with the research and that it's actually being considered, well by some (and doctors at that), as a disease and not a syndrome. Not only that, but as an immune system dysregulation and not some psychological made up beliefs that we (people affected with this dz) have came up with to pull the wool over someone else's eyes. That much I am very thankful for...I would just like more definitive answers, as I have felt in the past I knew more than the people who were seeing me. I have been told by more than one doctor in the past that it's "all in the head". Well, if that be the case, I wish you (the doctors) could feel the pain I experience on a daily basis, and then tell me, "It's in your head."...After a 100 years, if I'm accurate in the length of time, maybe they will be able to move forward and fine the cause, since they now have a definitive diagnostic test that's 93% accurate...Thanks for answering back, Debbie!
No, I wasn't referring to the diagnosed code, but the classification, rather. I can totally empathize with everything you are saying, however. I have a primary doctor who is currently tx my condition, but I see a Rheumatologist in November. My current tx regimen is no longer working, and I am having more frequent flare-ups. I had a sinus infection last week, which lead to me being in the bed for 3 days. Hard to be confined to a bed, when you have a family and responsibilities. Also recently had to withdraw from my college classes due to the inability to go. The associated stress along with the pain from the fibro made it impossible. Very disheartened by the fact that I can't finish shool right now, which has made my depression worse. Considering applying for disability, but unsure of how that will turn out...Very overwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back