Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2014
Country
US
State
HI
I came across a moving open letter on fb about grief and resilience by Sheryl Sandberg, COO at fb and activist for women. She tragically lost her husband a few months ago and wrote this letter after 30 days of grief, sheloshim. It was heartbreaking to read her story but also deeply empowering in ways I didn't imagine reading someone else's story not related to fibro.

I wanted to share this piece with you in hopes it'll also give you honest comfort and restored vigor. The forum doesn't allow links but if you search "Sheryl Sandberg post" it should be the first link that pops up.

Wishing you all a better today. :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Kicking the s*** out of option B

I tried to find it but the only link that pops up is the one you wrote.

Oh that's weird, I searched it on google just now and her fb post came up first. OK copy and paste the following to google search box: Sheryl Sandberg sheloshim

Please let me know if that works. I also just sent you a private msg with the link.

Last edited by a moderator:

The link works...thank you

Thanks for bringing the post to my attention. It is very moving. It reminds me of my director at work, she lost her husband six years ago and was left to raise their three girls who were 6, 4 and 2 at the time. She talks about how she had to make the choice to rise above her own grief and circumstance to keep living, and that she still makes that choice every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back