Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
Mo
Hi All

I'm new to this. But I'm asking for help. I haven't slept in 3 days cuz I have hurt so bad. I lay one side that hip hurts, I roll over nope can't do it that hurts. Well I will lay on my back guess what...my back is killing me. I have taken my pain medicine. But my flare up these last 3 days have been terrible. So bad my hair hurts all the way to my toe nails. I get up the next morning lay on the couch the whole day because I'm in so much pain. I guess my question is does anybody have any tricks to try to relieve some of the pain for just a little? At least to get a nap in. Any little advice is much appreciated. Thank you!

Hi Brandy.Im sorry you are hurting so much right now. Do you have a Dr? During a flare it's hard to get sleep and without sleep our bodies have an even harder time with the pain. It's a terrible cycle. A muscle relaxer helps when I am experiencing a lot of pain. I also use essential oils and pain medicine. There is a lot of good info and people here. I hope you find some relief soon.
Sylvia

Try a warm epsom salts bath, that often helps me. I also have an auto seat warmer that I can also plug in at home. I sit in my recliner and with the warmth can a least get a nap.

Thank you for your help, I do have a Dr. He has given me a muscle relaxer. But when my flare up has gotten so bad it just doesn't seem to take the edge off enough to get sleep. There are times it does great. But if it gets so cold or there are times I just can't explain why it's so bad I just hurt. The problem with Epsom salts is we don't have a bath tub only a shower. I wish we did. Where do I get an auto seat warmer? That sounds amazing! Thank you so much!
Brandy

Amnitriptolane. Ask your Dr. It helps me, the only side effect is I'm groggy tell 10or 11 am.

I don't have a tub either. I go to my son's house! You can get a car seat warmer and an adapter for AC to DC online in the automotive section. You need the adapter as the warmers typically plug into the car cigarette lighter. These will generally be in the same area online. Cost for seat anywhere from $15 up. The adapters are anywhere from $5-6 up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take Trazadone to help sleep. Some nights it does great. Others it doesn't do anything. I have been on this for years. Im not sure if I need to talk to my dr about raising my dosage or trying something else. Lately I just hurt so bad nothing helps. All I can do is throw up because I hurt so bad. I'm also on medicine for that.

I'm so sorry Brandy. :( I take a combination of 100mg Trazadone & 20mg Amitriptyline each night. Trazadone alone isn't enough for me, and I can't get any natural sleep without drugs. We stopped at 20mg of the Amitriptyline because at 30mg my dry mouth kept me from staying asleep. I take the amitriptyline 30min before bedtime and the trazadone right when I get ready for bed, that's just the routine I've used that helps. It's still not ideal, It takes me a long time to fall asleep and I don't sleep like I used to, but it is keeping me afloat. It's something you could try without having to wean off what you are on now. (that was the WORST part of me finding sleep drugs that worked. weaning off....weaning on.... getting zero sleep in between)

I also put lavender oil under my nose. I have a roll-on glass container of it diluted in oil.

And a heating blanket that helps me warm up or stay warm.

And I have a sound machine that I love. It's a DOHM, it has a little motor in it that makes the sound....way better than those that play a recorded sound, I could always pick out where the loop started over :)
There are a million choices online. Search "Marpac DOHM-DS, Natural White Noise (actual fan inside) Sound Machine, White". Worth every penny for me. If I ever get to a place where I can go on vacation again, I would take it with me :)
-sarah

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you asked your doctor for a prescription of Lunesta? Muscle relaxants help us (mind and muscles) relax but they're not really designed to specifically put us to sleep.

A prescription for Lunesta, which is non-habit-forming, might help you get some real sleep and get back on track.

I have the opposite problem. I sleep way to much. I sleep anywhere from 10-12 hours a day and never feel rested. I have been diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome so I guess that explains why. I just don't want to face the world. I am retired and have all the time in the world to accomplish what I need to do I just don't have the energy. On top of the fibro, chronic fatigue syndrome I also am clinically depressed, suffer from obstructive sleep apnea and I just had my left shoulder replaced. I also have other ailments but I won't go into them now. Needless to say I just want to crawl up in my nice warm bed and tell the world to be damned.

Hiya. My name is Debbie and I'm newly diagnosed with FM and CFS. I can totally empathise with your scenario. I go for nights of not sleeping because of pain. This may seem a small thing but I have noticed that even if my nightwear or sheets are slightly creased I get pain in that area. I now try to make sure that my nightwear is as uncreased as possible before getting into bed. I've always been a dreadful toss and turner in bed so I buy fitted sheets so they move less when I'm in bed. I get dreadful pain in my knees and I've found that a pillow placed between my knees during sleep does help.

Welcome to both new peeps. I'd say ask your dr for a nerve tablet this will help u sleep greatly. When I say nerve table I mean nerve pain pill. I'm on amitripolyn and it really helped me sleep.

hi. totally empathize. can't sleep because everything aches but it hurts to lie down and the fatigue during the day...this is the gift that keeps giving. have you tried a mattress pad? I have one; preheat the bed before crawling in and the warmth really helps all the aches. also, i find that my cal.mag.zinc supplement is super helpful for the deep muscle pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back