Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2015
Country
US
State
Sc
I have been recently diagnosed and just wondered, is it ever just fibromyalgia? I've read many articles, blogs, and patient forums. It appears that fibromyalgia isn't a singular illness. The majority seem to have other health issues affecting them along with fibromyalgia. It makes me wonder about my own health and if there is some other underlining health issue just waiting to pounce.
Also, is it common for fibromyalgia to come on like flicking a light switch? Is it normal to be healthy one day and bam! Fibro the next? I haven't suffered for years with pain like so many I have read about. I also received a quick diagnosis from two different rheumatologist.
Maybe I was lucky in that aspect and maybe I am still in denial.... I just can't help but wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience.

My Fibro came on bang just like that.no warning.
I went from fighting fit to crap in a matter of weeks.
I don't have any other prob that I no of.only Ibs I think fibrous enough for me lol

I had other problems for years (thyroid, digestive, memory exc.) for the past year I was having pain in my left shoulder, neck, chest and arm then yes BAM woke up entire back neck shoulders arms elbows had knifes stabbing me every where. Told two chiros, an orthopedic, my gp, two x rays, MRI ct scan ER trip and finally a reumotolgist before someone knew what it was. Very scary and hard to believe. I'm still in a little denial. I didn't really know what fibromyalgia was so I had my doubts that that's what could cause so much pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back