Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
CA
State
ON
Hi all , I was diagnosed in the fall and have been given lyrica and elavil for the pain and stiffness, that I've been feeling for awhile. The pain has improved, but now I feel short of breath and have the shakes..which is messing with my energy and makes me look and therefore feel nervous. I have a very senior role and money and the welfare of others is ultimately at stake if I can't perform well. I love my new work, which is in the patient support side ( but not for fibro) and don't want to quit because of this.
I went to the doctor because my feet hurt like crazy after walking a few blocks, I had chronic migraines and then I started getting pins and needles and pain in both my hands and feet.
The rheumatologist poked me all over,declared I had fibro and sent me out the door.
I had a great deal of stress before the onset and wonder if I quit my job and get rid of the stress can I heal myself? But as I said, I like the work I'm doing, but it involves travel which is exhausting when you don't have fibro.

This last week I was at a conference And spoke to some people who run a support organization for people allergic to steroids. It makes me wonder...diet, topical steroids for skin conditions, steroid injections for musculoskeletal injuries.... Is it possible that they alter something in our systems that set us up for fibro?

Any feedback would be welcomed, thanks ccj

Hi there! Are you sure it's fibro? I'm asking because those symptoms you mentioned are not often linked to fibro, I mean, it could also be a problem of neurological origin. Have you consulted a good neurologist? He should be able to asses you. When it comes to this kind of diagnosis there is absolutely nothing wrong with seeking a second or even a third opinion. Sometimes you need to see several doctors before you can be sure the first diagnosis is legit or if you are dealing with something else. Best of luck with everything and please keep us posted :)

((hugs))

I get the shakes a lot .so yes ppl do shake. Also get dizzy spells and even fell over.but your meds might be making u short of breath.the one u are on has some pretty bad size affects .id talk to your dr to make sure lyrica isn't doing it.

Steroids can be diagnosed with FM according to latest research by a medical researcher in California, Kent Holtorf, MD. Such steroids include costisol and hydrocortisone. It has been discovered that patients suffering from FM have low levels of this hormone and steroid injections would lower the symptoms. Steroids have many side effects and should be taken under the supervision of a doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back