Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
KYA
State
Central
Exercise and activity allow patients to have control over FM and the amount of pain they feel. Exercise helps restores the bodies' neurochemical balance triggering a positive emotional state. It slows down the heart racing adrenaline stress and boosts pain fighting endorphins. Lack of exercise can aggravate serotonin levels which elevates the mood. Exercise can aggravate serotonin levels and this elevates the mood and is natures tranquilizer. Exercise releases epinephrine and norepinephrine. Strengthening exercises also improve FM according to studies. Low impact exercises also help.

I use to workout 5 days a week. About a 1 1/2 ago it all stopped. It was too painful. I was finally diagnosed in February of this year with fibromyalgia .. I have tried a few times to workout. But it takes days to recover. And I am even more exhausted. I am desperately trying to find a way to start again but not with the pain. I don't know how starting slow and getting on a treadmill for 5 minutes will help me. I am active as far as working and on the go everyday even when it hurts to even walk. But I don't like the weight I have gained. Does anyone know how I can get started and get back to a place where I feel good about me again..

Have u ever heard of armchair aerobics.you sit down on a chair and work out with your arms and legs without having to hurt yourself to much.
I tend to stick with walking the dog.watching what I eat and getting good sleep. All of which have a pos affect on my Heath .
Have u tired swimming ,all the weights off the body.sadly nothing you do will stop all the pain.but I've found sitting on my ass ,makes me really stiff moody and I gain weight.
I'm not the sort who likes running about ,but it does help x

I played indoor soccer before fibromyalgia. I've found that swimming is a great replacement exercise. It allows me to work out without pain afterwards. Plus the pressure of the water seems to calm down the burning pain I get in my hands and feet.

gosh you can all do so much more than me....good on you.......i wouldn't wish this recent demise on anyone. Although its been almost year now.

I keep trying but cant even make two laps of my living room...and have been reduced to plastic plates to eat from as the weight of my china plates is too heavy to hold .

I like hearing of your activities.

I'm sorry your condition is so severe, willow. Using plastic plates is a smart move - it can't be easy for you to wash dishes either.

Exercise is a great way to relieve the torture of FM for those that can do it anyways. But, for some of us it's practically impossible.

I want to start walking, at least at home (Leslie Sansone's videos anyone?), at least 3 days a week first, then 5 days a week until I can do it daily for at least 30 minutes. I feel good lately, my pain levels are better. So I might actually go for it, hopefully lose the weight I gained in the last months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back