Status
Not open for further replies.
While I agree a nap can be refreshing, it is also true that the deeper stages of sleep are really important for the body to restore and heal. People with fibromyalgia have disordered sleep, particularly in stage 4, which is when the body releases human growth hormone to heal damaged tissue. Many of us have less pain with better sleep.

Gettin the right amount of sleep is important but so is the quality of the sleep aswell. While a nap can help us to feel refreshed, you can't beat a deep sleep at night between the hours of when you should be sleeping.

Often those people that know they aren't going to get a decent sleep at night, will often try and make up for it by having naps during the day. All that does though is make it even harder to get to sleep at night, so I wouldn't really recommend doing that.

The moment you go the medication route with regard to sleep issues, things get increasingly complicated. I make sure that I get involved in activities that would make me tired so as to have quality sleep. In my area, most people take Panadol to tame pain. Others take aspirin. With regard to sleep, a few tablets of Piriton would suffice. But over time, if one can summon enough guts, the body has a way of conditioning to get used to pain and it becomes a manageable aspect of the lifestyle. I am not being cynical but there is scientific evidence to back the fact.

Do you, yourself, suffer from Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain?

Gettin the right amount of sleep is important but so is the quality of the sleep aswell. While a nap can help us to feel refreshed, you can't beat a deep sleep at night between the hours of when you should be sleeping.

Often those people that know they aren't going to get a decent sleep at night, will often try and make up for it by having naps during the day. All that does though is make it even harder to get to sleep at night, so I wouldn't really recommend doing that.

Wow, something we never thought about! :p

Um, yeah! Getting some really good deep long sleep does sound fantastic, doesn't it? Here's the problem.

Even if you are dead tired and are ready for bed, some days the nervous system will not slow down, nor shut off no matter how fatigued you are.

We are not complete boobs. This is our lives. We have to be good to our bodies, yes. But falling asleep for the average Joe is a completely different experience than it is for a Fibro patient.

I've been here 10 minutes and encountered three trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back