Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
AB
Hi - I'm new to this forum. I'm curious if anyone has started a post on what they found helps and what hurts their symptoms .. also what people do to control this condition. ... Is there a search function on this site?

OK ... no one I s biting so I guess I'll start. Surely I'm not the only one that has found ways to control symptoms? I have tested and re-tested the following over many years now so I'm confident these work ... at least for me ... so .. in order of importance;

Helps

1. Low carb ... a Ketogenic diet in my case is needed to control my symptoms. I also ration balance and test.
2. Exercise (moderate ... albeit I have learned how to go all out)
3. Eating more after exercise ... especially protein (vital!!)
4. Smaller evening meals (helps me sleep)
5. I watch insoluble fibre ... since it doesn't take much to upset my stomach
6. Delaying eating if my stomach doesn't feel 'ready' and when I've missed exercising
7. Saturated fat ... yeah ... I know ... but it works for me and recent research is suggesting it isn't that bad :)

Hurts
1. High glycemic liquids ... and foods in general
2. Dairy foods - yogurt is the worst for me ... I get away with hard cheeses
3. Sitting on my butt
4. Big meals
5. Insoluble fiber ... one of my worst reactions to food was bran flakes ... go figure!

Thought of a couple more things ...

- Helps - Protein shakes for breakfast (4-5 days a week). I actually hate that these work for me since I philosophically don't believe in processed food of any kind ... but I can't deny they help me. I use a high quality low carb whey protein isolate, low carb almond milk, and a teaspoon of olive oil.

- Bullet Proof coffee ... great pick me up snack! It's coffee, coconut oil, cream. You can also use butter. I like mine with a sprinkle of cinnamon.

Hi you might get more replies if you change your description of yourself to' I have fibromyalgia'
as you seem to have found ways that suit you to manage it.

Last edited:
Good point :) ... thanks

Hello,Tony, welcome.sorry been a busy week, and just have not been in.that and I'm starting another chest infection .
I can't say I've found anything that helps me much ,apart from movement.stiffness is my biggie. So movement is key for me. Oh for my old body.
Hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back