DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2017
Country
UK
State
Scotland
Hiya

Is it just me or is regulating body temperature a huge deal?! I struggle with this daily. I'm always too hot first thing in the morning & take ages to cool down & stop feeling yucky & then at night time I'm always freezing and can't get warm. My husband doesn't understand why even in this cold weather I can't stand any heating on first thing & my work colleagues always have the office far too hot which I struggle with every day. It's the wee things that I find the hardest to deal with!

Interesting that you would bring this topic up because I have noticed something similar. I have always been very sensitive to cold, which is one reason I live in a warm place. but lately it seems as though my internal thermostat is a little wacky, making me feel chilly in temperatures that normally would be comfortable, and then suddenly too warm a few minutes later. I figured it probably was another fibro thing, although I have't' read anything about it in the stuff I have read on fibro.

Fibro seems to have a lot to answer for! :|

This is interesting because I'm usually a person that's always freezing but sometimes I find myself heating up and not even being cold here in New York where it's freezing. Then when we get back in the apartment where it's burning up I'm cold again.

I tend to be comfortable during the day but extremely hot during the night. I always sleep with a fan on but still wake up sweltering. I mean my head is wet, my neck is sweating, between my breasts are soaked and my feet are sweating. My husband is the opposite. He had gastric bypass 10 years ago and even though he is still over 300 lbs he is constantly cold. Neither of us work and when we are at home he will have on long pajama bottoms, a shirt, socks and a medium weight coat or sweater. We fight about the temperature in the house all day. Seems neither of us can find a comfortable medium.

I seem to mostly be too cold, but every now and then I over-do it when I am warming up and get heart pounding, feeling sick, kind of overheated. Temperature sensitivity is pretty common in fibromyalgia, but it is not well understood. From what I've read in other threads long these lines, fibromyalgia people can feel too cold, too hot or flip back and forth between the two.

TipBill, maybe instead of fighting you can work something out. fighting only makes stress, which probably is aggravating both of your conditions. What about trying to keep the temp in the middle somewhere, so that you are a little hot and he is a little cold? Another idea is this: you set it where you want. then, in 1/2 hour if he is uncomfortable, he gets to change it. In another 1/2 hour you get to change it if you want to. This way it is already pre-arranged, and you don't even have to talk about it, let alone fight.
I have worked out similar arrangements with others when we have disagreed on the temp for a room we need to work in. It is unfair for any one person to be miserable all the time, even if everyone else is comfortable; only a compromise of some sort can be fair.

My temp feels like it's all over the place on a daily basis also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back