Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2017
Country
UK
State
Scotland
So I was starting to feel good again after weeks of pain and starting to feel a bit more normal when bang! My knee pain is back with avengance, it only started today and already I can barely walk or bend my left knee & it won't be long before the other side starts too. This sucks šŸ™

I know how frustrating it is when we think we are just starting to feel better then bam for no reason we wake up with something else!

Hang in there it will go off again...try not to get too anxious as that tends to make our condition worse..even though this may not help you too much..i am in this kind of pain all over 24/7 and have been house bound and now in bed almost all the time for a couple of years...i know this doesnt fix your pain but i had many years with fibro where mine was up and down and i could go out for walks and do my housework go out for lunch for a couple of hours by pacing....mixed in with bad days or hours where i had no choice but to rest and at best do just a little bit around the house.

Now despite my best efforts none of this is possible and i would give everything i own to have localised pain or even all over pain that comes and goes.

Please don't be mad at this answer i just don't want you to waste any time when there are still pleasures in life that you can achieve say sitting down while your knees are bad...as frustrating and upsetting as i know it feels.

When i first got fibro i grieved so much for the old me but at least even with the pain i could say sit in the car and go out for a drive with my partner..

Take Care and hoping maybe my the time you read this things have improved for you.gentle hugs.

Last edited:
Hi willow. Thanks for your reply. I'm not mad at your reply �� I know it could be much worse, at the moment I still work, manage to do housework, do things with my kids, I can't do anything nearly as physical especially with even walking being difficult and causing so much pain but I can do some things. I am grateful for what I can still do but I guess we wouldn't be human if we weren't a little bit selfish in thinking of how things just affect us and not so much about how worse off we could be. Sometimes I have some perspective and think I'm lucky with what I have and other days I look at other people and am a bit jealous of them for leading a completely normal life.

I totally get it believe you i d..even when i found a way to cope i definitely couldnt have worked and had to give up a great career and even with the things i could do i still looked with envy at all my friends who had every day getting out of bed with the choice to do what ever they wanted not what their body allowed.

It is totally human to feel as you do and no one elses situation being worse makes us feel happy we have fibro....I hope you have lots of better days very soon...you have a young family and i know how hard it must be to be the mother and wife you want to be and coping with fibro attacking you randomly day after day.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back