Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to you too...looks as if we are both new members!

I had a hard time accepting the diagnosis too. I was told I probably had it in November first, but didn't take that as a true diagnosis until it got really bad in April and I saw the rheumatologist. I just didn't think it was fair to have aggressive MS and then get fibro on top of it. I already have chronic pain as a part of my MS, so wasn't that enough pain to deal with? I was already on sustained release morphine and cymbalta for pain. How could I be feeling that much pain? It's been frustrating. Not sleeping doesn't help my frustration. I haven't slept thru the night since just before Easter. I wake up for an hour of more in the middle of the night every night, then I'm up before 6 am every morning, frequently between 4 and 5 am. Sleep deprivation makes the fatigue of both MS and fibro so much worse. I just want to scream that this is just not fair.

HI Poppymom,
I am sorry to hear about your chronic pain. I have fibro, or at least that's what the doctor says. I am still not sold on the diagnosis. A year and half ago, I was running 25 miles a week, playing kickball with my 3 kids, all within a wonderful marriage. Now, I can barely walk a mile for exercise, am always on the couch, and am near divorce....and sometimes I do scream in the shower because this is not fair. I have a daughter who has special needs and I am mad at God sometimes for the unfairness that has happened to our family. I will keep you in my prayers.

I understand how you feel mweber, I have been mad at God in my life because of the things my family went through but I learned in time that it's not the right thing to do and everything happens for a reason, at least I want to think it does. Sometimes you feel like it's too much and you just want to find a reason why things happen or someone to blame. I know how it's like, but God has a plan for all of us and we should find a way to be grateful for what we have even when we go through our worst times.

thank you Amalia for the kind words. I hope I figure out what God has planned for me soon. And I definitely am grateful for my beautiful family, even though it feel like sometimes we are falling apart. Take care and God bless!

I am new here, and I was reading your post. I can relate. I was diagnosed with Crohns/Colitis and Reynauds Syndrome in 2004 and became permanently disabled from it in 2006. That has been a godsend because as you will read in a minute, working for me, is not recommended. They thought I had lupus in 2010...but recently I found out it isn't Lupus (at this time, but still could have it) but fibro. In the past 3 months I have been diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome, severe osteoarthritis, and now, fibro. I am fed up. I also found out thanks to my Crohn's I may have 'pre-cancerous' growths in my colon. I am so fed up that I told my gastro doc that he WILL NOT diagnose me with one more thing. It has taken me all these years to come to terms with my Crohns and now, I have to come to terms with the rest that was just dumped on me all at once. I am the type of person who ignores things, pushes myself to my limits and then wonders why I feel like crap. I don't like admitting I am 'sick'. Especially with illnesses that aren't 'recognizable by appearance' because people don't understand that I look fine on the outside but my inside is like a melting pot of ick.

So what to do? Acknowledge the illness. Acknowledge it's impact on your life and those around you. And every so often, I give into it. I let myself have what I call my 'pity party' and then move on. While it's not a cure, it does help. Somewhat.

Having a good support group, both here and at home helps too. And having a doctor who actually believes in fibro and believes in YOU is an immense help.

I still don't want to believe a higher power has dumped this on me, but then I figure it must think I am strong enough to tolerate it. Maybe we are the ones that higher power believes can share the word, find a cure and bring awareness. In my opinion, nothing happens without a reason, and maybe too, when we find our own reason, it will also make it more tolerable. Who knows. Hang in there, and accept that you are who you are with what you have... and be thankful that you wake each morning and can witness the sunshine. :)

I also found it so hard to beleive when they told me I had fibro, to this day a part of me still thinks this isn't true (specially during the good days), but as soon as my symptoms start to flare up... I'm faced with the proof this is something real, and I'm not going to scape from it by just denying it :( Don't worry, after a while you will come to terms with it, just like I'm still doing... it takes a while, but we'll eventually get there. Have hope, at least you weren't diagnosed with a terminal disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back