Gluten Free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lynn77, I think you are right about it being a "craze" and a marketing ploy. Its a multi-million dollar industry now. I have been reading quite a lot about it recently and its true that celiacs and the like have to stay clear of it, most other people are just basically having a placebo effect, so I have read.
I've tried the gluten free route , and the sugar free, the dairy free and the nightshade free, all for 6 months or more at a time, nothing has made any difference to me. some people find changing their diet or eliminating things helps them and I am all for that. so many studies say so many different things and for each person something different fits, thats why this condition is so damn difficult for those of us that have to live it and for the professionals that are trying to help.

So has anyone actually noticed by not eating gluten (or white sugar, or any food product, etc.) - your FM symptoms were drastically reduced?

I've given gluten free foods a shot over the past couple weeks. I have not noticed any change. I wonder if I'd have to stick with it for months to feel any differently. That is a possibility. The foods tend to be more expensive because they are a specialty item. I don't think it is worth all the money and trouble.

I was diagnosed as being pre-coeliac just a few weeks before I got a fibro diagnosis. I can't say that dropping gluten has made any impact whatsoever on my fibro or arthritis, but I'm really enjoying the complete lack of diarrhea in my life!

Re the gluten free "industry" -- you wouldn't be wrong that companies are cashing in on a fad, but I really hope the market doesn't dry up when the craze ends, because I really appreciate being able to find food I can eat without stomach cramps.

Gluten Free for a little over a month now and I have seen a big improvement in my fibro etc symptoms. I have been diagnosed with CFS/ME by my neuro and Fibro by my GP. Since going GF I have had an almost compete reduction in stiffness in my fingers, knees and toes (noticed the knees feeling better first). Then I noticed a reduction in my muscle pain and then finally am seeing improvement in my fatigue. I didn't think the GF was gonna do much but I am also Vit D deficient so that is when my GP tested me for Celiac and told me to go GF. I will say I did not have IBS, just bloating before going GF. The odd thing was the first week and a half of going GF I had burning soft stools..I think it was my body getting rid of all the old gunk in there (gluten)..Now not have any bloating etc at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back