MizzDeeDee

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
01/2009
Country
US
State
Va
How about this symptom? Does anyone have this issue as well? Besides my hands just hurting, they'll literally cramp up and the muscles will spasm!

It's pretty bad if I'm doing something like coloring with my daughter. My thumb will literally spasm and cramp over into my palm! I'll literally have to stop what I'm doing and massage the muscles and tendons next to where my thumb is attached to my hand. If I try to do the same thing that caused it, it will just keep on hurting and cramping up.

I've had the cramping somewhat with the soles of my feet, but nothing like I have going on with my hands. Anyone?

I have had that happen in the past. My little fingers on both hands will actually raise up and the muscle or tendon along the side of my hand will pit and go into spasms. The only thing that helps is massaging my hands until it stops. I have always wondered what causes this as often times I am just watching tv or relaxing and suddenly my hand cramps up and the pain is really intense.

Thanks for sharing that this is something that you have as well. I have mentioned it to doctor's and they look at me like I am crazy. My feet cramp up as well and I have to remember not to stretch them out in bed, but when they cramp if I pull them upward I can sometimes stop the cramping faster. :)

I have had that happen in the past. My little fingers on both hands will actually raise up and the muscle or tendon along the side of my hand will pit and go into spasms. The only thing that helps is massaging my hands until it stops. I have always wondered what causes this as often times I am just watching tv or relaxing and suddenly my hand cramps up and the pain is really intense.

Thanks for sharing that this is something that you have as well. I have mentioned it to doctor's and they look at me like I am crazy. My feet cramp up as well and I have to remember not to stretch them out in bed, but when they cramp if I pull them upward I can sometimes stop the cramping faster. :)

I've actually had a doctor tell me this happens because of my fibro. I've just never had anyone else with fibro actually say they had the same issue. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one.

It is certainly annoying, and painful!

I haven't had any cramping like that, but my thumb will twitch at times.
I get burning in my scalp where no one else has heard of it, but my Dr says it's fibro. So, I guess everyone's body does what it wants to do. Drs have assured me it's not the meds. ? don't ya just love Drs!

I thought I was the only one this happened to! Well, it doesn't happen as much anymore, but it used to! I used to toss it up to the fact that I spent so much time typing on the computer for personal and business reasons, so I figured maybe it was Carpal Tunnel related or something. That's weird though, I wonder if it's more related to fibro instead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back