bszarek001

Diagnosis
07/2012
Country
US
State
OH
Hi everyone,

For those of you with experience with savella and Effexor, I'm hoping you can provide some insight. I was on Effexor for about 8 weeks. It took me about 2 weeks to get past the nausea, but I had headaches every day I was on the drug. It wasn't terrible, but enough to make me want to switch. I switched to savella... I was fine while I was doing the titration pack, but as soon as I went to 50mgx2 day, the headaches became almost paralyzing. I backed down to 25mgx 2 day and along with the headaches came crazy dizziness. The fibro pain management of the SNRI meds has been nice, but I'd much rather be in pain then deal with these side effects...

At any rate, a couple of questions. Has anyone else dealt with these side effects with these drugs? If so, how long before they went away (either while on the drug or while weaning off/stopping)? Any tips or tricks on how to deal with them while quitting these meds? Thanks everyone!

I haven't taken either of the meds but I'm sure you will find what you are looking for.

All the best and please keep us up to date on what is happening

Please resist the urge to put links on this site. No links are allowed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Try surviving. Do web searches on your own for information links, but do not post them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try surviving. Do web searches on your own for information links, but do not post them.

I did not put those links there - have no idea where they came from. I thought it was something to do with this forum.

No I put a web site address there..I did not mean to put a link . While tring to get off cymbalta the first time I became suisidal ( following dr orders of how to stop) if I had not found the site I Would not be here today...I just wanted bszarek001 to be able to find other people who know more about withdrawal symptoms for their own peace of mind!

No I put a web site address there..I did not mean to put a link . While tring to get off cymbalta the first time I became suisidal ( following dr orders of how to stop) if I had not found the site I Would not be here today...I just wanted bszarek001 to be able to find other people who know more about withdrawal symptoms for their own peace of mind!

Hi. Thanks. Is it possible to private message the link? I appreciate everyone's help! These drugs are horrible. Never had problems with SSRI or benzo's, but these SNRI's are not for me.

Hi.

I am on Savella (100mg twice per day) and Neurontin. I had some sweating the first couple of weeks, but that's it. Previously, I was on cymbalta and neurontin and that combo didn't work as well. Also, the cymbalta made me puffy and I put on some weight. I am sorry to hear about your experience with Savella, as it is helping me.

It's so hard these days to figure out what is a medicine side-effect and what is a symptom of one of the numerous "issues" we all have. It's probably the most frustrating things about fibro are the overlap diseases and the myriad of medications we all have to take.. I've started taking xanax with the savella in hopes that the headaches and dizziness are GAD related (since Savella isn't really approved for anxiety, even though it's an SNRI). Worth a shot. Lol

What I think is odd is that the medicines we take have a lot of the same side effects as the symptoms of fibro, so really what good are they doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back