Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi sassy I've heard so many different appeals, but i do expect it to go to appeals had at this time in economy trying to get people back to work
who or on disability. I know the forms or mad not suitable for the different kinds of disability's, it's hard enough not knowing yourself when's going to be good or bad how long each time its going to last because you've pushed yourself. I did get a laugh reading the stupid form thinking how do you answer yes or no questions as its not that simply ending up writing sheet sheets of extra paper trying to explain. I am going to be stuck if the answer comes back no I am just going to have to exist with pain and just put up with it. i dont know how you tell employer come in today might not last the whole day. I am going out of my mind already i was a nanny look after children but how can i let myself look after children not be able to run or play football or just have lots of fun like i used too, i never sat down was always on my feet. sorry i am ranting just on of those days sorry.
No its going to be a hard battle physically and mentally all the best susan

It is also my fear the answer will be a big fat no! I obssess sometimes thinking what in the world will I do then? I'm a nurse. I couldn't put in 2 hours much less 12 or more! So get a desk job some say. Well I tried that and called out sick a lot. If I didn't call out, I left early, came in late, or I would close my door and literally nap under my desk. I had a pillow and blanket under there, ha aha!

I guess something will work out no matter what but it does cause so much anxiety and depression.

hi bevay got a connection sent to me it Atos Computer Programme Manual (LIMA) it tells you on how they have to set up their computer and the question they ask not only that but how they should ask the questions.
gives an insite on how the government has asked the medical doctors to ask the ""right questions""
E.G if someone come in became blind they can sign them of for 18 months which will give them enough time to come to terms with what they have and then can return to work. wow i was flabbergasted to read it. All they want you to do is answer with positive answers on which instead of asking can you walk 100 yards they will ask can you walk 40 yards so they can have the yes answers tha'ts why so many people with fibromyalgia get the answer NO. hope your ok all the best susan

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow does not sound promising then susan I will just have to wait and see what happens I have been sick these past three days that's why I have not been on here in a lot of pain ugh when will it stop.

Hi, just wondering who your disability atty is. I am 55 with IBS, CFS, Fibromyalgia & interstital cystitis. I have been denied 2 times and and now on an appeal. Constant pain , some days I can only get out of bed long enough to feed and give my legally blind husband his meds, then go back to bed till I need to feed him again. I worked as an operator for 25 yrs. 3 yrs ago the IBS got so bad my boss took my lunch hr and breaks away from me because I was in the bathroom all the time. So I went on state disability for 1 yr. I have been waiting all this time for perm disability, and the idiot judge told me I was able to be a security guard. How many fibro patients with IBS do you think would be able to do that?
I am on 4 norco, 200 mg lyrica, cyclobenzine, anbien, meloxicam and cymbalta currently. brain fog is so bad I cant have a conversation, I either use the opposite word I want or forget what I am saying. This all happened before I started he meds. Oh yea I also have planter faciatiss , and of course severe depression. Sometimes I feel like my life is not worth living. I am in constant pain all the time usually about 6 on the pain scale.
This condition may not be life threatning but it sure is LIFE ROBBING. I have had these conditions since childhood, finally got diagnosed a few years ago. I also had Endometriosis and had to have a hysterectomy at 22. Sorry this is so disjointed and long. I need to talk to someone that is having the same issues ans vent. Thank you and have a good day!

Cuddlebugs,
I am sorry to hear that you are not only sick yourself but taking care of your husband who is disabled too! I agree so much with the life robbing statement. I was a nurse for 20years. There is no way I can perform my duties. I can hardly go to the grocery store!
I am using a local disability attorney. He used to work for SSI and knows the ins and outs. I chose him for that and because disability is all they do. They took my case and only get paid if I do, so I think I have a good chance or else they may not have taken me. They applied for me and keep up with all my medical records and submit everything for me. It really helps because I'm not sure I could handle it alone. I applied in May. I'm still waiting to hear my initial decision. I had appointments with the disability doctors in November. I am hoping to hear soon.

The lawyer told me most people are denied the first time they apply. A certain percentage are approved during the appeal. A high percentage are approved at the hearing.
I am only 44 with two teenage boys and a wonderful husband. I have Fibromyalgia, CFS, psoriatic arthritis, and an autoimmune liver disease called PbC. Not to mention steroid inducedd diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, ibs and essential tremors. So needless to say I get really down too. That is why I joined this forum. I just really needed someone to understand what I am going through! I also enjoy having support from others. I have also felt much better about my meaning here on this earth with all this going on. Still though, I am so confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back