Not open for further replies.

Lady rider

Diagnosis
11/2013
Country
UU
State
Wi
After being treated for pain but never diagnosed with anything for nearly 2 years, I was completely frustrated. During this time I was also tested to see if I had early onset Alzheimer's (I don't) and have also been diagnosed with sleep apnea. Thought I was going crazy.

I finally found a rheumatologist who is experienced with fibromyalgia and am so grateful!
Now taking Lorzone and will start Lyrica next week. Also in physical therapy, using a TENS unit and a pain cream since insurance won't pay for pain patches.

Struggling with finding the right balance in my life with work demands and taking better care of myself. So far family is accepting of the changes I need to make. Does it ever get easier?

Looking forward to being able to sleep all night.

Hi Lady Rider! Sorry to hear you are also suffering from fibro, but don't worry... it does get easier after a while! At first, specially the first year everything seems so hard, but after a while things do actually get better. Sometimes our biggest enemy is ourselves, sometimes thinking about the things we can no longer do is hard... very hard, some years ago I used to run and be so active, but now all that is in the past. I'm ok with that tho... I was in denial some months ago, but each day that passes by I feel more and more in tune with reality. So yeah, things get easier :)

Just hang in there! I hope you find something that really works for you!

It can get easier, yes. I can tell you that my fibro was a lot worse when I first developed it, as opposed to now. That being said, make sure you stick with your changes, and don't overwhelm your body. I know this is a hard thing to do, but in the long run it prevents relapse. Take care of you, and know your limitations.

*Gentle Hugs* I hope you get to a better place soon!

I have to agree with the posts above, it does seem to get easier over time, but I think it does so because we learn how best to deal with the symptoms and learn to slow down. Most of us used to be go-getters. We could multi-task and get lots done everyday and keep going. Then fibro came along and of course most everyone has a denial stage and finally realizes life has to change.

If you learn from the coping skills that are all over this forum in every topic, I think you will begin to feel stronger in knowledge and spirit. If you learn to relax more and let things so a bit, the pain will not be so bad. How you might ask?
Try taking bubble baths with epson salt in the water and watch funny humorous movies that make you laugh or hold your attention, read a good book, go for short nature walks, pamper yourself, spend quality time with your family, help someone else in need, and learn to enjoy each moment.

Not all your days will be good, but the times that are will be priceless to you, and your depression and sadness, over having fibro will not be such a burden in your life. Plus you have all of us here to be supportive on the bad days when you need friends who understand what your going through. :)

Hang in there it will get better as you find what works for you and what doesn't. Be patient with yourself and best of luck.

Thanks so much for the encouraging words. I am also someone who is used to high levels of activity. I used to walk abound 3 miles a day, but can't even do 1 mile now. My husband is also disabled so I'm used to doing everything he can't. Physical therapy is helping but of course the hardest part is putting me first and making the life changes I need to. It's a work on progress I guess. Thanks again!

Best of luck with everything, Lady Rider! Don't worry, it might seem hard right now to put yourself first, but it will come naturally after a while. So don't worry, just do the best you can and hang in there :) It gets easier, I promise! Just try to be positive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back