Not open for further replies.

dav21311

Diagnosis
11/2013
Country
US
State
PA
I was just diagnosed with Fibro in November after 8 yrs of other diagnosis's, my family Dr diagnosed me and another family Dr confirmed it. They went by my history and also the tender point test. I happened to have extreme pain to the point of cursing and about jumping off the table with each point. My Dr said it's pretty bad but I'm a little weary since I have had the same pain for years and no other Dr thought to give me a Fibro diagnosis. I've also been diagnosed with Mennierrs disease (I get bad vertigo) in the past and I've read that vertigo can also be a symptom of Fibro, plus I have a bunch of other symptoms that go along with Fibro that my Dr's have known about. Do Dr's try and stay away from a Fibro diagnosis usually? Going over my records it seems like a Dr should have noticed a pattern. Also is the tender point test the only way Fibro can be confirmed, or are there other tests? Sorry for the repetitive use of diagnosis lol. Also sorry if all of my questions have been answered already, I'm new to this forum and have been skimming some of the posts. I know I should have read more posts in depth before posting but with my brain I wanted to make sure I asked before I forgot what I wanted to post lol

Hi, dav. It sounds like your doctors are right. I too have the vertigo, but only during the cold winter months? I keep a cotton ball in my left ear, which helps a lot(don't ask me why?). Welcome to the group.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've never heard of the cotton ball trick, I am going to have to try that next time my vertigo hits. I noticed I usually get it when the weather is colder too. Not a good thing with winter in PA.

Welcome to the forum, Dav! I understand why you feel like this... even at this point I also have doubt about my fibro diagnosis and others. I've seen so many different doctors, and some seem more clueless than others! Don't count on the doctor to pay a lot attention to your medical file... my estrogen levels are of a lady with menopause and have been like this for the last 3 years. None of the doctors cared to even point out. It wasn't until I pointed that out an internal medicine doctor confirmed my estrogen levels were too low. My estrogen levels are at 5, and should be around 25-30. I'm a 26 years old woman, by the way! One would think doctors would take note of that, lol.

I advice you to read and research as much as you can, I'm afraid we are alone on this and if we want to recieve the medical attention we deserve we need to guide the doctors in the right direction by knowing what questions to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back