Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
US
State
Nv
I feel like I have a monster in me making its way through every inch of my body. Today is bad. I'm on cymbalta and the doc gave me gabapentin and it makes me feel stoned and foggy so I stopped taking it. I will call doc this week and see what's next. Any suggestions?

Cymbalta 60 mg at night
Tylenol by the handfuls
Ibuprofen 800
Joy:sad:

So sorry you are going thru such a hard time, Joy. Have you checked the old posts for answers? There are a lot posts in this forum with a lot useful info on how to cope with the fibro symptoms. I'd love to give you advice regarding to meds, but I'm not an expert since I rarely take meds for my pain (unless is truly necessary). I do this mostly because I've already taking other meds and don't want to put my body thru so much.

Sometimes I use a special oil for my pain, specially the neck and back one. The only thing that has truly helped me with my fatigue is a green tea supplement I've been taking for the last months. I feel so full of energy, and I no longer have a hard time getting up in the morning.

Thank you for responding. Yes I have been looking around and reading a lot. What is the oil you use? And what green tea supplement... I will try anything.
My husband massaged my neck and back. My legs and hands and total body just has flared. I don't know what I've done to cause the flare, my stress level is very low during the weekends.
I will continue to read.
Thank you.

Hi there! The oil I'm talking about is named ''Tei Fu'', is made by Nature's Sunshine and is great for calming so many pains! Even the stomach pain caused by my colitis or IBS. It also works for back, neck and even headaches. I just rub it on the affected zone and I feel a lot relief. At first it might feel a bit weird, because this oil might feel like it stings a little (just like peppermint oil), but in fact is really strong it numbs that whole area. It's amazing, but be careful never let it get close to your eyes!

You can ask your husband to give you a nice massage with this oil, you just need a few drops (it's that strong). It feels nice! As for the green tea supplement I take... it's a supplement made in the US by NOW Foods. I also take a B complex and Chromemate, made by the same American company (I take this one to treat my insulin resistance).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back