How many different place do you hurt in a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhfal55

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
Il
Hi,
I am newly diagnosed and i wonder if this is normal FM symptoms. One minute my right hip will hurt and then my upper back and while i am in bed i have pain going down my left leg and on and on. Is this how it works to have so many things going on at once? If i talked to family and told them all the different places i hurt in one day they would think i was nuts. I have had pain in my back for many years after several back surgeries but things seem so wide spread now. It's nice to have a place to talk about it. I have been having this Fog and did not understand what was going on until i read about it here.
I have Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Spinal Stenosis L5- S1, Asthma, Gastroparesis, Reflex.:roll:

Welcome to the forum, dhfal55!

You've got several conditions that cause pain. The L5-S1 stenosis would be my guess for the pain going down your leg. I've got an L5-S1 herniation and sometimes the nerve going through there gets compressed and I have pain, cramping, and weakness down my leg. Hips are great places for osteo pain, but can also be fibro pain places.

For me, my fibro pain is pretty constantly in the following places: headache, TMJ jaw pain, neck, traps, shoulders, upper back, upper and lower arms, ribs, hips, quads and hams, knees, calves, plantar fasciitis, tops of my feet (cramps), and toes (cramps). Basically, everything except my right hand and usually my left hand (it sometimes goes into spasm though).

The pain seems to be from muscle spasms, stiff muscles post-spasm, and nerve pain (e.g., "restless legs").

Hi Corvid,
Thanks for your response. I am sorry you are in so much pain. I was just curious about this because in 5 minutes time i will have pain in one place and it will all of a sudden be somewhere else.
I also have a vit D defiency right now. My upper back pain is one of the worse things i have right now and we have been having -25-30 wind chills and the weather really affects my pain level.

Constant pain especially with this new flare. The worst one yet. Arms, hands, fingers, palms, thighs, calves, feet, lower back and upper back and neck. Skin hurts to any touch except for a stronger massage. Soft touch kills. Toes hurt too. :( don't touch me at all or I want to scream. Oh ya... Throat always hurts.

I wake up each day in pain, right now my upper back, both legs, shoulders and both hands. When I read posts on here about having flares, I really don't know what that means. Do some only have pain at certain times? My pain is all over and is is every day. In addition to fibro I also have degenerative disc disease. I also have carpal tunnel syndrome. I had surgery on both hands in 2011 and have not been able to get a permanent injury rating for my carpal tunnel because of the fibro. My carpal tunnel is a work-related condition and if I could get a permanent injury rating I would be entitled to a monetary award. Can't find a doctor to do it because they say they wouldn't be able to tell how much of my hand pain is from carpal tunnel and how much is from the fibro.

I hurt all the time... But sometimes it gets worse. Yes worse. That's called a flare in my own opinion. My pain is always going from 8 to 10.

You sound like you have so many sources of pain that it would be hard to pinpoint what exactly is causing the pain.

As for me, I have no idea what is what. I know I have Fibromyalgia because I want to scream when you touch the pressure points. However, considering I Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, what is causing the actual pain?

Let's see, for me I have pain in between by shoulder blades, pain my hands, weakness in my fingers, tendons, pain my right calf (side and back), pain in my feet, numbness in my heels, pain in my forearm near my elbow, lower back pain, middle back pain (right near the bra line), hip pain, knee pain, jaw pain, numbness in my cheeks, teeth pain, neck pain, armpit pain... I'm sure I could find other places that hurt but you get the point. I never know what is Fibromyalgia and what is the MCTD. Seeing as both cause muscular pain I'm in the dark until I have an ah-hah moment. Sometimes, someone on here says xyz and I go, oh ok, so that's Fibro is it?

Anyways, welcome to the board. I hope you're able to find answers to at least some of your questions. They are a helpful bunch here.

I also have most of the same problems, except for the asthma, including 2 back surgeries at l-5/ s-1. Most days its a much shorter list to say what doesn't hurt. I would like to be incouraging and say hang in there, it will get better. Unfortunately that would be a lie.

My aunt who has fibromyalgia would complain of exactly the same thing. The different body parts seem to alternate in being painful. It literally has forced my aunt to stay in bed most of the time because of this particular condition. At some point, she just had to force herself to live life like normal, although she said the pain never really goes away.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I am new to this diagnosis but have been in pain for years and am trying to understand what is what. I did not have any of the tender points when the Rhuematoligist checked me yet Fibro is my diagnosis. I guess i am questioning it because of that. I have pain at my upper back, my hips, my left knee, weird groin pain very low on the left, the last 2 days i have been woke by pain in front of my left ear going over to my cheek bone, (this bothered me most of yesterday, if i held a heating pad to it it would subside for awhile and then come back), I have gastro issues with lots of constipation and some diarrhea. I am not bed ridden and i feel the worst pain is when we have a weather change. I also have a vitamin D deficiency.
Something else that I have never seen anyone post is I am always clenching my fists, does anyone else do that? I do it in my sleep and i wake up and my hands hurt, i also do it when i am watching tv and don’t realize it till i look down. I do it when i am sitting at my computer.
LivetoErr you mentioned your upper back pain right near bra line, mine is exactly the same place, i have been telling Doctors for years about it and they all brushed it off until my Pain Dr. finally listened in Dec and started giving me trigger point injections which have seemed to take the edge off so far.
So far i am not on the drugs you seem to take for Fibro like Lyrica or Cymbalta, i am on Norco and Meloxicam though.:smile:

Hi dhfal55,

I'm new to the forum too so welcome! I also have an issue with L5 and S1 where they say my spine is fused, but another doctor said it's a worn down disc, what is spinal stenosis? Also, is Fibro related to gastro issues? I wonder because I also have gastroparesis and reflux.

Hi jlo86,
Spinal Stenosis is an abnormal narrowing of the spinal canal, The narrowing causes a restriction to the spinal canal. It causes pain and numbness. I my case with L5-S1 it is causing pain on my left leg and burning on the bottom of my heal on my left foot and my buttock. My pain Dr. has given me epidural injections in my lower spine to try to help it. It does seem to help. The first 3 injection did not get rid of the burning on my heal though, the Dr. said he wanted to try a different area ( a 4th injection)and this time it worked, at least so far. the relief seems to be temporary but i will take it.

From what i have read here on the forum, it sounds like IBS is a symptom of Fibro. I don't think Gastroparesis is but i don't know. That's weird i have not met many people with Gastroparisis how are you doing with yours? I take Omeprozole for Reflex but i don't take meds for the Gastro. When i was first diagnosed with it my dr gave me a perscription for Reglan, i went home and looked it up and refused to take it because the side affects
are similar to parkinson disease with facial ticking and jerking. I read about people having good results with Erythromycin and my doctor agreed to try it. It does help but after a awhile i went off of it, i just don't think it was a good idea to take antibiotics everyday, when i get sick i was afraid they would not work.

Yes, it is very typical to hurt in many places at once with fibro. In fact, that's more the norm. I hurt everyday in my feet, ankles, shins, thighs, hips, arms, back, shoulders, and neck. Only the intensity may vary.

I don't take any meds for the gastroparesis right now besides Metamusil. Like you I was really freaked out when the doc prescribed meds for me. I kinda refused to take them. It's hard though because I have to be really careful what I eat. I have this weird opinion that it's just my constipation that's causing it, but I don't know.

I'm new to this too, so it's nice to read about everyone's experiences with pain. I haven't actually been diagnosed with anything yet and I'm not taking any medications. I'm not sure how many of them I will even be willing to try, honestly. I don't need any more 'foggyness'.

I've always been the one to pretend nothing is wrong. I always felt that f I told anyone about my weird pains they'd think I was insane - probably true.

I have pain all over, every day, it moves, it shifts, it get better and worse. I have good days and bad days. Sometimes I lay in bed and say "okay, If I were to tell someone right now what hurts it would be something like this..... "arm, leg, back, that tendon right there, no wait, now it's over there. This spot just got worse, now that one went away.." Yeah, crazy.

The worst pain I get is in the tendons in like my groin area. Like where your underwear goes between your legs. That's a really hard one to describe to anyone without pointing. Then trying to explain that it's not in the actual joint is impossible. Then trying to explain that it gradually moves up the tendons in my legs and switches sides is pretty much a joke.

I have constant pain in my upper back (again, bra line). I also have regular pain in my neck, jaw, shoulders, knees, elbows, thighs, feet and I always have a headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back