Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
CA
State
ON
I'm experincing a lot of pain and I had to quit my job as a personal support worker, does anyone have any suggestion what job is suitable for someone with chronic pain?

I'm so sorry. It is a hard choice to make, but if you can't do the work then you did what you had to. I also quit my job so I could go full time into healing myself.

I would say something online. Medical transcriptioning, taking orders over the phone for diners, editor...

I'm so sorry you had to quit your job. I have been so afraid of that myself. I hope you have family and friends to support you during this difficult time. I agree that something online seems like the best possibility. I feel for you right now. Do you have any time to figure it out? Any way to support yourself, or have a partner to help? Getting your feet under you and giving yourself some time for acceptance and to explore some options would be so ideal. Take care of yourself....There are many here who are available to listen.....

OP, maybe you should start looking into some kind of disability if the pain is hindering your ability to work. Its a long journey and will last several years but might be worth considering. Apply then if you get rejected find your closest para-legal.

First of all, I'm sorry to hear that and I hope you will find some fitting work. Second, you should try freelancing and working online, it might be the best option for you so far.

Lana, I'm sorry you had to quit your job. I've been there too.. Try to not rush into it. Do you have an advisory desk in your city, where you can get free advice and sources on online jobs? There are many ways to earn money online, such as virtual assistant or writer. Find something you are really good at and that you actually enjoy doing and start from there. I would also ask around for help in my community/family. Wishing you well

If you are a native English speaker you can try to find a good writing job online. I used to work writing articles for a web site last year. It paid well and I did everything online. Actually, if you are from the US I'm sure you can find something to do online, you can even work as a teach support person or something similar from the comfort of your own place. There are so many job opportunities for US based folks out there, specially those with a bachelor degree, good grammar and work experience. You just have to keep looking.

I am so sorry for the amount of pain you are going through, I truly believe that there is hope for people with this kind of pain. If you truly want to work, there are things you maybe can do online such as doing article writing, you can get paid very well writing. There is also customer work that you could do that's if you have a good internet connection and a landline with no call waiting. Lastly you could do data entry work, there are legitimate companies out there but you would have to look around for awesome companies.:)

It's really bad to quit a job like this. Maybe you can get some kind of grant for your condition?

I am so sorry that you had to quit your job. You could do work online or also by using your phone to help others by writing or tutoring, taking orders or giving advice. Please go and read my blog, Day7, it will give you some pointers and a very good starting point. :)

I'm sorry that you have had to quit your job. If the pain that you are experiencing is such that you aren't able to work then I think one of the first things that I would do would be to talk to a disability lawyer and see if you might be able to qualify for disability.

Maybe there are times when measures like these have to be taken. There are still many options of making money, even on the internet. You just need to search a little more and find out things.

Please go and read my blog, Day7, it will give you some pointers and a very good starting point. :)

I have to thank you for the reminder about the blog option here at the forum! You have some great advice there on Day 7 :smile: and I'm sure it will be helpful for many members here. There's always a certain kind of excitement thinking there may be a way out of situations we are thinking are impossible.

If you live in the US, you might get a free job for something else. If you don't, you can always try to make some dollars online, since it isn't that difficult and it can save your life.

thank you for all the support, it really helps just to talk to people and know that I'm not alone in this. I'm still taking time off to heal. I loved being a PSW and I really miss my friends and clients. Even more than losing the extra income having them out of my life is a real blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back