Fibro ruining my life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try to find a support group in your area. Some hospitals have support groups for fibromyalgia. Funny you mentioned the cervical disc surgery as I also had that done about 5 years ago after being in a car accident. You may want to ask your doctor about the possibility of carpal tunnel syndrome and if you may be a candidate for carpal tunnel release. It worked well for me and took alot of the pain away.

I never had surgery, I had 3 different neurosurgeons tell me I wasn't a candidate. I also had a neurologist do the test for carpal tunnel on me and he said I didn't have it. So I'm frustrated bcuz there seem to be no answers. The prednisone taper worked so my rheumatologist said that proves it is inflammation, but you can't take that stuff forever, so where does that leave me?

Can you actually have surgery? Is it treatable? Because we would pay whatever is necessary in order to get him well again.

I am having the same problems with my hands. I am going have to look into this if I may have RA just want I need.

We should wait and see how far the modern medicine takes us.

I'm only 49 and my right hand (left handed, thank goodness) thumb is curled in like an old lady's. I like to ride quads, which I refuse to give up. Sometimes I just go camping and read, but others, I want to ride so my MacGiver husband fixed my throttle so that I can at least push it in. I wonder what I'm going to be like in another 5 or 10 years.......It's so painful and I have no strength in it. I too was very active, but in sports. I'm not sure what the answer is, but get creative and keep moving. I slowed down because of the pain and fatigue. Trying to get back to some form of exercise is almost impossible. Hang in there....You'll overcome this and learn to work within your physical ability......

I hope you're alright, OP. Let us know how you feel from time to time if you want us to give you some valuable advice.

I can't recall what company or website (I'll have to find my paperwork from my hand therapist), but you can buy utensils and tools made for weak hands. I have severe arthritis in my right thumb and can't grip. So no more weight workouts, softball or volleyball for me. The hand therapist showed me a website that sells scissors, knives, and other things I can't remember. I never did go looking for it (should though). If I find it, I'll post it. I know it doesn't help your frustration, but maybe it will allow you to do some things that you might not easily otherwise....

You should see a psychologist if you are having too much troubles with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back