Reason
Friend
Diagnosis
03/2004
Country
Rom
State
European Union (border re
I know this is quite awkward to talk about, but did you ever pee on yourself because of the pain? A lot of people are experiencing these things, since an intense stimuli makes you urinate right away.

I have often wondered if not just the pain, but because fibro messes with out nerves and weaken muscles, if those bladder muscles that help us hold our urine in might get weaker over time and allow unexpected loss of urine. I only experienced it once years ago and was very surprised. You might need to wear a Poise pad, or one of the other brands that are very absorbant more so then maxi pads. There are store brands that do well for less money.

Hope this is helpful to you. :)

Thanks for answering. Fortunately, we have managed to make the pain a little less intensive, which means that he won't have any problems like this soon.

No, I have never wet my pants due the pain, but sometimes small amounts of pee slip away. I'm just 27 years old, no idea why that happens, but it happens. Fortunately this doesn't happen so often, it mostly happens if I laugh too hard. I often thought it was rather uncommon among girls my age, but I guess fibro could also cause that kind of things to start happening early on.

Fortunately, he's still a young man who is in his 20s, which means that he can control himself most of the time. However, once he'll get older, we don't know how we'll deal with it.

Just remember they have shield pads for men, plus the pull-ups. they do a wonderful job of stopping wetness in it's tracks, so to speak, and saving work for caregivers and embarressment for anyone who has that condition. Thanks to new inventions we need not worry how to manage these things that in the past would really depress and ruin someones day. :)

Thanks for telling me. My friend already wears those, but it's not very pleasant to experience this all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back