Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
US
State
IL
I have been taking fetzima for a couple weeks now. I am up to 80mg and I have noticed that I have been very irritable and still depressed. I also have been experiencing painful ejaculation and hesitation for a few minutes before I can urinate. I also take Ritalin twice a day and 6mg of lorazepam at night. I have been more productive for the first few weeks and lost weight. I feel better about that but I am very stressed out. Ive taken so many antidepressants and sleep aids and other pills. I really can't tell what is helping and not and I'm afraid to change because the withdraws are always terrible. I am having a terrible time coping with the fibro and cfs. I have been on temporary disability for almost 6 months. I have an appointment with mayo clinic at the end of this month then I have to go back to work regardless of what happens there. I can't work like this and I will loose my job and health insurance. Then I don't know what I will do. Has anyone been through the fibro program at mayo? Did it help? It's so hard to want to continue to fight this when the relief outlook is so bad. There has got to be something that will help. The local doctors just won't do anything no matter how miserable i tell them I am. They just say I have to deal with it. Is all this really worth it? I feel like dropping everything and going off into the wilderness with a few tools and supplies and just seeing how far I make it. Sure would be a lot less stressful. I watched my mom suffer from cancer and die when I was 6 years old. I gave her shots and lifted her wheelchair out of the car for all of her doctors appointments. I don't want to suffer my whole life with this. I have an okay day every once in awhile but I normally have bad days and really really bad days. None of these antidepressants have made me less depressed. Some have made me just not care anymore, Some have made me angry all the time, Some have made me extremely paranoid, but none have made me feel happy. What a mess. Sorry for the long post I'm just frustrated.

links56,
You may need to stop the Fetzima. Sometimes medications either don't agree with us or the side affects are to much to bear. I would suggest you tell your doctor about the problems your having and ask for a replacement or if it is okay to just stop taking it. Some side effects like being irritable, can be managed to a degree, but the other things you have mentioned would be very worrisome and not something to let go on for very long.

As you said you can't lose your job and insurance. And don't give up we are here to help you manage the stress of life and let you know your not alone in this battle. Good Luck! Glad your here. :)

I just dread the withdraws. All the nauseousness and throwing up. And I'm not sure what to even try next. I tried to get off everything and that was a terrible idea. I felt way worse and depressed. I just want to be able to work.

Links56....Don't give up....I'm in a similar situation. I should not be attempting to work, but I am, which is adding to the stress. Well, I'm not actually making it there, but I'm trying. 1-2 part days if I'm lucky per week. It sounds like you are taking a lot of medications. Are they all from the same doctor? Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the Fetzima. If something isn't working, talk with a doctor. I'm researching different ones now because the most recent ones I've been referred to isn't doing squat for me. Do you have a counselor in the mix? It sounds like that may be very helpful for you.... I wish you the best and truly feel for what you are going through...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back