Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
Uk
State
Hampshire
Hi I am suffering with my legs I cannot drive my muscles seem to be stiff and then cramp with pain has anyone else had this I have lower limb weakness due to being very ill three yrs ago

Sue, yes I get wicked leg cramps and muscle spasms. Not the best time in the world that is for sure.

Me, too. I was waking up in tears every morning. The cyclobenzaprine I'm taking now helps with that, but some still come through. I also get twitches, electric shock pain, and feeling of ice in my veins in my legs. Just got x-ray showing osteoarthritis in my knees which have been killing me. Can't put weight on them some days at all and I limp around. Legs are the worst. I hope yours get better.

I get a lot muscle cramps in my legs, actually that's my problematic area. Sometimes my legs get numb after a while, so numb that I need to be careful not to stand up to fast... otherwise I will fall! Actually I hurt an ankle that way! It's not so uncommon, but you should really ask your doctor. I hope you feel better soon :) Please keep us posted!

I would recommend 400mg of magnesium daily. I get it in gel caps and it's amazing for leg cramps and restless leg syndrome. You'll notice a difference within 30 min or so. I did at least.

Hi it's not a good time at all I'm new to this it's hard to understand what is happening to my body I had bell palsy 3yrs ago I was severely ill I collapsed could not walk for 5 days was in hospital for 5 days it took my body 8months never gained my strength in body back to the way it was was under neurology could not eat and lost speech my face was bad too they say I have it still a bit because side of face pulls and muscle spasmams don't know if this is related to my fibro now but it's very difficult for me as I have lower limb weakness and suffer with legs my arms and hands are in agony I can't pick a cup up thank you

I will ask my gp when I visit on the 2nd of June thankyou

Trying to work this all I thank you all I wish everyone the the best on here

I also suffer with IBS badly had blockage 10days so was taken in hospital for five days about 4months ago

Leg pain/cramps seem to be a very common problem with those suffering with Fibro. I guess because of having so many nerve endings in the legs, plus being on them all day long, and even when you're sitting, they're semi-being used.

IcyHot seems to work some, maybe try one of those hydro-massage therapy sessions? They may feel a bit better than someone rubbing your legs with their hands.

Hi , have you had your vit d levels checked? Mine were low which caused muscle weakness, and cramping and much worse fatigue than ever had with fibro....i am supplementing , but hear it takes a good while to kick in

I would recommend 400mg of magnesium daily. I get it in gel caps and it's amazing for leg cramps and restless leg syndrome. You'll notice a difference within 30 min or so. I did at least.

I agree! This helped me as well, when I was having the pains in my legs, thank you for posting, this is what I would recommend. I hope it helps everyone.

Hi , have you had your vit d levels checked? Mine were low which caused muscle weakness, and cramping and much worse fatigue than ever had with fibro....i am supplementing , but hear it takes a good while to kick in

It's also important that you don't have a potassium deficiency, this can lead to cramping as well. Sometimes eating bananas can help with the cramping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back