Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
2/2010
Country
US
State
TX
Does or has anyone else had shoulder,arm, and back severe pain for an extended length of time with Fibromyalgia. Mine hurts so I just almost can not handle it much of the time. I just wonder if this is common with Fibromyalgia?
Thank you,Ann

Back pain, yes! Neck, migraines, legs, feet, soles, knees, heels, arms... wrists,etc. I'd say it's quite common, I even hear that upper back pain can be common, since a trigger point is supposed to be there; between the shoulder blades. I actually get most of my pain in that exact point... it's awful! So don't worry, Ann, I think it's quite common!

Can you elaborate just a bit more on your arm and shoulder pain? Is it both arms? Both shoulders? I've been having trouble since thanksgiving. It's horrible. Thanks

My pain usually is in my arms and legs, but it has at times traveled into my shoulder and upper back. I get adjusted by a chiropractor regularly, which has alleviated all my non-fibro back pain (and tons of other issues because they free up nerves so they can function properly, which has helped my organs work noticeably better.) Chiropractors have helped me tremendously. Acupuncture helps with my pain, but it's actually doing more good for my fatigue. I'm slightly addicted to acupuncture because it does feel so good. It gives me major relief for a day or two. I wish it lasted longer, but it's totally worth going often for me.

...I hate to suggest this one, but would you be willing to get a massage? Ask not to be massaged where the pain is, but instead to have your trigger points elsewhere massaged. Releasing the tension in trigger points will help relieve the rest of your body too. Good circulation heals, and knotted tense muscles prevent good circulation.

I also recommend eating an anti-inflammatory diet in order to relax your muscles. Try going dairy, grain, and sugar free for a month and see if you find relief! I have to eat this way, or else I'm in serious pain.

The horrendous pain is in in both arms and shoulder area 24/7.The left for now is worse than right, but at times the right seems to be trying to catch up with the the left side. I can only manage to sleep on the right side and am not sure how long that will be. It is difficult for me to sleep on stomach or back due to other problems I have. Arm and shoulder, back horrendous pain has been happening since right before Thanksgiving. I have pretty much been eating like you said except I also have been adding green beans..guess I need to leave those off huh? But I am staying hungry most of the time it feels..
I have other pain too that has been mentioned, migraines,wrists, feet,ankles,knees,..including the legs too.
Thank you friend,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back