kmpisces

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
Can vision problems be part of Fibro? I did not use to have vision problems but now I am. It is getting pretty bad. The eye doctor is having me go for some more tests in a couple weeks and we will take it from there.

I've suddenly had some trouble with my vision lately too. I'd be interested to see what other people have to say about this. I've been advised to see an ophthalmologist about it, so I'm making an appointment today. I've always been nearsighted, but lately it seems I have a lot more difficulty focusing my eyes, especially when I'm trying to read.

Yes, certainly. It's caused blurred vision, dizziness, and inability to focus on whatever I'm looking at. This was one of the first issues to clear up for me after starting on my naturopath's regimen. However, I am hypoglycemic and struggling to raise my blood sugar, and low blood sugar causes vision issues too. But the vision issues last only as long as my hypoglycemia does, and once I get my blood sugar back up I even out again and I'm fine.

Can be, but I'm so happy you are seeing a doctors and getting checked up instead of just assuming fibro is causing this! Kudos to you girl! Way to go! I hope you tests come back normal, sometimes I get visual disturbances, mostly due the use of the PC and eye allergies. I'll still be seeing a neurologist this Monday... lots doctor visits for me!

I've noticed I get eye strain a lot more quickly and severely than I did before fibro. It makes sense, though. With fibro, every time I use a muscle, it immediately starts to "feel the burn" and begin to cramp and fatigue. Eyes are moved by muscles, so using my eye muscles to focus or read would fatigue those muscles. Makes me worried about what fibro is doing to my heart--hearts are muscles, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back