Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
ES
State
Madrid
During the recent hot spell I have noticed that my feet tend to be swollen when I wake up in the morning. Usually, after walking around for a while, and drinking a few cups of water, the problem tends to subside. Do any of you suffer from fluid retention, and how do you deal with it?

Have you consulted a doctor? Fluid retention can be a symptom of several diseases, if this is happening very often then you should really see a doctor, there might be an underlying condition causing fluid retention. If that's the case, the sooner you get an accurate diagnosis the better :)

I would suggest you see your family doctor for testing. Fluid retention can be caused by such things as poor circulation or heart trouble, or kidney's not working properly. There are many other conditions that can cause this but fibro is not one of them. I am glad your asking questions and I hope you heed the advice and see your doctor soon. Usually the treatment is medications that make your body release the extra fluids. Makes a few more trips to the bathroom but less fluid in your feet will get you out enjoying life a bit more. Let us know how things go and what your doctor says.

Your experience could be a gift to someone else suffering this same symptom and what needs to be done about it. Wishing you the best of luck with your doctor. :)

I do get some fluid retention on a regular basis. I am not sure if it is related to my fibro but, my doctor thinks it is aggravated by it. So, he has me taking a water pill everyday. HTZ is the medication that I take and, it seems to do the trick.

Humidity does not help me feel well. There have been humid days in every season, and not just summertime.
Today, my ankles are stiff and swollen. I have not been walking much this past weekend. I must admit I have sat around all weekend completing chores and tasks. However, I have eaten potassium rich foods and drinks. I drank 4 cups of grapefruit juice daily. I have eaten spinach and other green vegetables throughout Saturday. Yet, I still feel stiffness and swelling in all of this humidity.

Last edited:
Humidity does not help me feel well. There have been humid days in every season, and not just summertime.
Today, my ankles are stiff and swollen. I have not been walking much this past weekend. I must admit I have sat around all weekend completing chores and tasks. However, I have eaten potassium rich foods and drinks. I drank 4 cups of grapefruit juice daily. I have eaten spinach and other green vegetables throughout Saturday. Yet, I still feel stiffness and swelling in all of this humidity.

I am the same, like you I get slightly swollen feet in humid and hot weather. During the rest of the year I am fine. I talked about it with my acupuncturist, and he told me not to worry about it, as it has a lot to do with the heat. The main thing is to keep walking and drinking plenty of fluids. Of course, I am not suggesting that one shouldn't consult a health care therapist if one is worried. All I am saying is that the body has a way to balance itself, and if the problem is only mild and not regular, then I wouldn't panic at all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back