Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all so much for taking the time to read my post and comment on your own lives. It helps to talk to people who understand as I find my family and friends really don't understand. It's so frustrating when they say "what's up" when they don't hear from me, there is a reason they don't its usually because I'm not up to meeting people, but I find myself ALWAYS explaining myself why I don't want to go out. I find also I can't really drink being on medication, might just have one or two and they still keep offering me drinks! It makes me not want to go out, because I find it' pressure and then If I go home early because I'm feeling low, they are like "well are you coming back later" I hate having to always justify why I'm low, why I want to go home, why I don't want to go out. Why I just want to be on my own! I have also discovered that I have Candida in the gut, so for the next month I will be living on basically nothing :( so no out, no socializing. I'm going to try and get myself feeling better, by not drinking and eating right to make me feel better mentally and physically. I just wish people could understand Fybromyalgia and Depression more!

Emma, I hope you are fine, it's been a while since you wrote this and it seems you haven't been participating over here much (just 4 posts), but I hope it's because you are feeling better now :) I just wanted to wish you the best of luck wherever you are and I hope your depression is better. It's sad you have to explain all that to the people around you, it shouldn't be that way, but you are showing a lot strength by doing it so. Stay strong!

Hi, I'm late in seeing this post, as I haven't been on here much lately. Been battling increased pain and depression, too. So I guess I just wanted to say that I understand, and it is extremely difficult to handle. If you're not on an antidepressant, I recommend talking to your doctor about it. I currently take an SSRI called celexa, but I think it may not be working so great anymore. I hope you find relief. This is indeed a battle, and no one understands except for those who deal with it.

I have had depression since I was 13yrs old. It was mamagable with one medication. Every couple of years we would change meds. Since being diagnosed with Fibro all has gone to hellll. I am on handfuls of pills to function. I struggled with going on pain meds and finally throw in the towel about 1 yr ago. I now take a pain med that is 24hr. It has made a huge difference in my depression/fibro. I think the depression would come from being in pain all the time, the fibro would kick in and increase the mood and body pains, and my depression got worse. I think sometimes we don't realize how much pain we are in because it has gradually increased. It is a hard combination, in my case, add severe arthritis to the mix! Fibro amplifies that pain 10X more than normal. Oh the fun......... I have to say there are days that I think "I can't live like this for another 10-20-30 years"! I would never try because of my faith, but if I didn't believe in God, I can't say what I would do.

Last edited:
Thanks Trellum, Yes I'm doing ok, good days and bad days, just have to make the most of it I suppose. Just wish people could be a bid more understanding to it and not put some much pressure on me to go out and drink, when I'm not always up to it! But they won't understand unless you have it. Thanks for replying :)

Hi PytonPlay3,

Living with depression since you were 13 is bloody hard going! It's hard enough to deal with that and then have Fibro on top of it. I know what your saying that if you didn't have faith, it would be a different story. I'll never forget the same story I had with my wonderful mum, who keeps me sain and keeps me going.I told her I didn't want to go on, how I hated my life, she found it so difficult to comprehend as I had a wonderful husband, a good job, a loving family. But the mental pain far outweighed the physical pain. I'll never forget the look on her face, that alone was enough to say her pain would be far worse if I wasn't here, So when I'm feeling that low I think of her, my dad and my husband and realise they mean more to me than the pain I will ever endure x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back