DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2004
Country
US
State
al
Hi everyone,
I haven't had a flare up in years, but recently my arms hurt so much I can't even lift a half full jug of milk.

When I first started taking magnesium about a 5-6 weeks ago my upper arms started to hurt one day. It finally stopped hurting in my arms, but the pain traveled to my left hand. I kept taking it and it went away, but my arms have started hurting again. Not being used to having this much fibro pain, I cleaned out a storage room in my house. When I was finished, I was almost sick with pain. Luckily I found an old prescription for tylenol with codeine and it took the edge off.

I stopped taking magnesium about 4 days ago and today my pain seems to be a little better. Has anyone ever heard of magnesium causing a flare up? I thought it was supposed to be good for fibro.

I've never tried it but are you sure that's the cause? It could just be all the hard work you've been doing, maybe you just pushed a bit too far and now it's coming back for revenge! Maybe in a few days start back up again and see if you get the same effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back