Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/2010
Country
As
State
South Australia
Hi everyone does anyone have such thight and weak muscles in their legs most days I can't stand more than 10 to 15minutes also I'm not sleeping and I have anxiety at the moment I'm getting help with that but it seems to be taking a while I don't tolerate most medications most of them cause me pain fatigue and anxiety also I shake my doctor Sid I'm producing to much adrenalin I just wish it would stop does anyone else get shaking and how do you stop it I hope everyone has a good day Janine:roll:

Hello and welcome to the forum. Yes, I have this type of weakness in the upper part of my legs. Often I feel the weakness in a side slant cross portion of my upper legs and it has caused me to fall a lot in the past. I found that if I wear tighter fitting jeans in stead of baggy pants, it helps support my leg muscles. Leggings are great or spandex shorts that go to the knee if not longer. By maintaining supportive pressure your legs will feel stronger. I can not stand long in one place, but find if I keep walking I do better and can be on my feet for a bit longer period of time. Also buy shoes that offer some support and give good padding to bottoms of your feet. That can help you with balance as well as leg support. Avoid flip-flops. :)

I agree. Buy some good quality sneakers. Your legs will continue to weaken if you don't use them. The muscles will atrophy and get weaker. It will affect your balance and ability to walk correctly. Make walking a habit, even if it is only a few hundred yards a day. When I walk my neck and back hurt a great deal but I can't let my leg muscles atrophy....it's way too dangerous.

Thanks for your advice I will try leggings see how they go

I do try to walk as much as possible I know it is bad for your muscles not to use them thaks for the advice

On the subject of weak muscles, does it come and go? I have had a terrible time. One morning I will wake up and I cant walk to the bathroom without assistance. But a week later, i will be able to walk farther. Then bam! I cant walk again. I was thinking it wasnt FMS. I have had FMS for a long time with none of this issue. 2 years ago I couldnt walk. I slowly got stronger, but 2 months ago I got 'attacked' again with this issue. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Fibro has this funny way of keeping you wrapped up in pain and weakness, and fatigue for days or weeks at a time, then one day, like you said BAM, you wake up feeling just fine and dandy. You have a few good days or weeks if your lucky and then your back to hardly being able to move. So to answer your question this is the wacky ways of fibro. Often times when we get those good wonderful days we overdo and enjoy life as we ought too but end up suffering for it later. I wish I had the magic answer that could cure this merry-go-round, but the best I can offer is try to take time to rest and relax, and avoid stress as much as possible. Wish you lots of luck! :)

Hi Neen, I have had the same and lately causing me to fall.. As others have mentioned I too can walk a little longer then I can stand in one place. I notice when I am standing if I bend my knees slightly it takes some of the pressure off of my low back but still can only stand for 5-10 mins and when I try to stand any longer is generally when I fall. I have not tried wearing tight clothes as my skin if very bothered by tight clothing :(

I have this problem as well. It's better some days than others but I generally feel weaker as it is. I have a job where I stand/walk up to 9 hours straight and it sucks. If I'm having a bad "flare", I feel like I can barely stand and have to go out back and just squat somewhere or sit on something.

My arms have been weaker too. I held a 20lb baby for about 10 mins recently my arm was so weak, my hand shook when I lifted it.

I want my body back... My muscles are so weak and sore all the time and the more I do the worse it gets. My PT just told me if I don't get stronger I am gonna get worse.. Real encouraging... When all I want to do is sleep all the time and if I push myself I am more tired and sore. I'm at the point where it is so exhausting to be so exhausted. PT gave me a tens unit to use and lets just say they might as well given me a hot poker to stick in my muscles and joints as it has made it worse. I can't even lift 2 pounds with my legs or arms without shaking and muscle fatigue, stiffness and cramping for days after.. IS there no end to this..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back