Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
ca
After about 50 doctors appointments and many many tests I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I'm on wellbutrin and nortryptaline (spelling is wrong I'm sure). I've been bruising fairly easy and shaking and twitching a lot more. Has anyone experienced this? I haven't cut caffeine out of my diet and I'm wondering if it could have something to do with it? I'm trying not to freak out because panic is my normal response. I've emailed my doctor but in the meantime... Any help would be appreciated!

Hi I do get shivering and shaking my doctors said she my body is producing to much adrenalin I usually get early morning 5ock and then on amd off in the morning it does stop after a while I just say to myself another fibbr system it is not going to kill me it might feel uncomfortable or it could be your medication look up une side effects or ask your dr but most of the time they don't know I hope this helps you

Hi,
I get "twitches" all over my body. They are not controllable, not specified to a specific area, come on at anytime and vary with intensity.
These are called "Myoclonic Twiches" and those Fibromyalgia sufferers can have it. It is common to have when you are also on antidepressants, its one of the top symptoms.(all info I got from my doctor as I spent months searching for the answer to these Twiches as well)
Its generally a side affect of the drugs but I've had mine for years and once starting the drugs they just got extremely worse. They are really bad at night.

I am also brushing very very easily. I scratch myself if I'm itchy and I bruise to the point I'm black. I'm not even scratching hard. All my iron and blood levels are perfect too as I get them tested regularly.

You are not alone!

Yep it's normal all right. I jump and twitch all the time.its muscle spasms , and they can start anywhere. I mark easy one bang on the arm and I have a black buries the size of a tennis ball.
I'm in amitripoline the sister to the one your on, years is an older drug which is funny as Dr told me mine and your are one of the first anit depressants.
Don't be surprised if u feel sleepy for a few weeks on them.i take mine at night to help me sleep.
Try not to get stressed out at every new feeling ,chances are u had them all for along time but now u no what's wrong u will notice every thing.and pls feel free to come on here and ask anything .theres always someone online to help u through this xx

yes I shake and twitch sometimes, the twitching feels like a jolt of electricity. I used to get scared but now I know it is another symptom of fibro.

Ive experienced a lot of shaking and twitching, and for me its connected with anxiety and muscle tightness. Wellbutrin works well for me, but for ADD and anxiety reasons. Stretch often, drink a liter of water right when you get up, and at least another liter throughout the day. Also try kineaseology tape. Unless your skin has gotten to sensetive to touch like mine, before mine did, kineaseology tape called Rock Tape helped when the twitches were joint or non facial muscle related.
Most important is water though. I hope this helps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back