becoming aggravated with co-worker who also has fibro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chel307

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
US
State
Wyoming
when I was diagnosed with fibro i didn't want every one at work to know about it, as there was someone that suffered from it and her symptoms caused her to miss quite a bit of work another lady who had it pretty much suffered in silence. there were a few people that made comments about the lady that missed quite a bit, while I tried to quash the comments of course they continued. anyway to make a short story long, I told my co-supervisor out of professional courtesy, and she immediately told the most negative person, so I let everyone know, that the diagnosis did not change who I was, I was no different than the day before I was diagnosed, I just now had something to fight against. then I started educating people and encouraging them to read up on it. Work turned more pleasant, co-workers stopped criticizing the lady that missed so much, in fact she started fighting back as well. about 2 months she started talking to me about her new symptoms and we are each others support, but now it seems that if I sneeze she will tell me "oh that's the fibro". At first I just let it slide but the last 3 weeks or so it has gotten so bad I don't even want to talk to her about anything. I've been experiencing some extreme pain and it seems to intensify if she says anything about having fibro. I know that symptoms are different for everyone and they change all the time, I get upset and aggravated cause I find myself starting to blame not doing tasks on the fact that I have fibro, so it's ok to not do them.
well if you were able to read and make sense of this babble thank you. I don't know what kind of advice, if any, I'm looking for or if I just need to get it off my chest... Stay strong every one and look for the positive each day, sometimes its hard to see but its always there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back